• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 9th - 16th July

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

andyc 10,000 posts
Jono 8,000 posts
Tim 7,000 posts
vic _ orthdox 6,000 posts
Voltman 5,000 posts
JASON 5,000 posts

A few awards missing in action this week, but still some good stuff

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Langeveldt for this click here This is the way these sensitive topics should be argued :happy:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is James for this click here there seemed to be controversial threads everywhere this week, we thought this the best of them

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: GeraintIsMyHero, for this click here sarcasm the easiest form of humour, but it still made us :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Fraz, back and all over the boards, quality poster

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: no award this week. I thought for sure someone would say Pakistan were no hope after the huge England first innings. Or how about; Pakistan will win because of their superior catching:@ . Oh well next week.

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Craig click here Not sure who you is? Maybe someone with no TV no Radio no ….:ph34r: :laugh:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Xuhaib, A Pakistani fan, who knows his stuff

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: burkey1988, has not posted on CW much in recent time, preferring to hang out at OT, but good to have him back contributing :cool:

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt click here Yes a shock winner this week!

The SS award for the biggest …….(I am sure most of you will know what this award is for, and the winner is: No award this week

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt click here Yes a shock winner this week!
As big a fan as I am of Rich's photography, I think it's asking a bit much of everyone else to say "it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps"....not everyone can afford that sort of equipment!

Congrats tho Rich, that Jon Lewis pic is awesome :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Far out archie, it's burkey_1988 ...

Seriously though, chuffed on the award. Quite a shock. Being holidays and all I decided to try to get back into Cricket Chat. I'll try to stick around, but with school back this week I don't know how I'll go.

Congrats on all the other award winners too. Keep this up archie, definitely something I read every week in Cricket Chat.

Steulen

International Regular
So let me get this straight...I start a thread as controversially as I can with the sole purpose of pouching an Award and instead it goes to the CricketWeb owner for posting a link to something Martin Crowe (!) said????? Riiiiiiiiight....

And my Jayasuriya portrait was at least as good as Langeveldt's pics. No, it wasn't.

CricketWeb = Sectarian violence towards Associate members

:ph34r:

At the very least, I demand a Mark Richardson special lifetime achievement award when I get to 1,000 posts

archie mac

International Coach
Anna said:
As big a fan as I am of Rich's photography, I think it's asking a bit much of everyone else to say "it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps"....not everyone can afford that sort of equipment!

Congrats tho Rich, that Jon Lewis pic is awesome :)
I have awarded one to Pedro Delgado :)

And I thought you had some pics you were going to share with us?

Also people could take some cricket pics of themselves or team mates, which would not require such hightech equipment :cool:

Do you think I should lower the standard?

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Far out archie, it's burkey_1988 ...

Seriously though, chuffed on the award. Quite a shock. Being holidays and all I decided to try to get back into Cricket Chat. I'll try to stick around, but with school back this week I don't know how I'll go.

Congrats on all the other award winners too. Keep this up archie, definitely something I read every week in Cricket Chat.
You don't mind Burpey but you get upset at burkey1988 :ph34r:

Thanks for the positive feedback burkey_1988 :cool:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Rich should only be able to win it if no one else posted pictures that week.

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
I think Rich should only be able to win it if no one else posted pictures that week.

Yes that may be fairer, I had my eye on some other pics but his one was just too good to pass up this week:)

FRAZ

International Captain
So nice of you Archie for the award and I wish this forum i.e. CW the very best of luck because it has some of the most knowledgeable people posting here. And SJS and luckyeddie are my ultimate favorites .

archie mac

International Coach
FRAZ said:
So nice of you Archie for the award and I wish this forum i.e. CW the very best of luck because it has some of the most knowledgeable people posting here. And SJS and luckyeddie are my ultimate favorites .

No worries, I hope Eddie does come back, he makes me laugh :happy: