• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian domestic season 2006-07

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
Raina owned. I can sleep now. :)
Rank bad ball gets that wicket. At least Irfan is cranking up some pace here, at least the 130's he got in his debut.

Have Greens given up? Parthiv promoted to 3, when they're staring at a run-rate over 8.

EDIT: RP Singh dropped a catch off his bowling.

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
Agarkar still bowls rubbish with a few good balls mixed in. That happened this time as well. He lacks power, unlike Zaheer.
Power is irrelevant. Agarkar can work up the pace to 85+ and has been economical and penetrative of late. McGrath lacks power as well, so does Asif.
Arjun said:
Besides, there's nothing great about Munaf as a bowler to keep him far ahead of that bunch. He can't field. He's scoring next to nothing and that's often hurt the team. We're talking ODI's here, and all of this matters.
Munaf has far more control than almost every other Indian pace bowler. He also has pace (if he wants to use it) and awkward bounce and height. He's got the "power" you obsess over so much. He has fielded pretty well of late so I don't know what you're talking about.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Irfan's worst deliveries get wickets. Kaif holes out to Mongia for zero, off a short-and-wide ball.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Power is irrelevant. Agarkar can work up the pace to 85+ and has been economical and penetrative of late.
It obviously hasn't helped. He's not even consistent. He's never looked a penetrative bowler, who can force a batting side on the back foot. He's just been very lucky.
Munaf has far more control than almost every other Indian pace bowler. He also has pace (if he wants to use it) and awkward bounce and height. He's got the "power" you obsess over so much. He has fielded pretty well of late so I don't know what you're talking about.
Zaheer also has power. In fact, he's bowled faster than Munaf has all these days. Eevn RP Singh, though built a lot thinner, gets awkward bounce, even on flat tracks like this one. Munaf's fielding is weak, he can't pick up cleanly and his throwing is flawed. I don't know what control you talk of, because he bowls several wides with a new ball and even oversteps a few times. The likes of Zaheer, RP, Sharma and Kumar have just as much control, if not a lot more.

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
It obviously hasn't helped. He's not even consistent. He's never looked a penetrative bowler, who can force a batting side on the back foot. He's just been very lucky.
I won't argue about whether he's been lucky or not because it doesn't matter. He's bowled well, been accurate and turned in impressive figures on a regular basis lately. He's also been taking top-order wickets.
Arjun said:
Zaheer also has power. In fact, he's bowled faster than Munaf has all these days. Eevn RP Singh, though built a lot thinner, gets awkward bounce, even on flat tracks like this one. Munaf's fielding is weak, he can't pick up cleanly and his throwing is flawed. I don't know what control you talk of, because he bowls several wides with a new ball and even oversteps a few times. The likes of Zaheer, RP, Sharma and Kumar have just as much control, if not a lot more.
Don't cheat by bringing up Zaheer and RP Singh. You were claiming that Sharma, Bangar and Kumar are serious competition for Munaf as bowlers.

adharcric

International Coach
viktor said:
Nice shot Praveen! This is what we need, six-hitting ability...
You're forgetting that Kumar has power and is a value addition, just like Bangar and Yadav. You can't criticize him for failing with the bat, even if he failed with the ball as well. :)

viktor

State Vice-Captain
He didn't fail with the bat. Harbhajan got lucky today.. see Patel's dismissal, its Bhajji's lucky day

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Tendulkar eh, he's a bit bloody ok. Truly remarkable some of the shots he's played. Blues to win hands down.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Agarkar has been very good and there is no way he should be out of the team if that is being implied!
Don't you know it's all luck though?

Even when he was top wicket-taker in WI whilst conceding half a run per over less than anyone else!

Dravid

International Captain
I just saw the highlights for todays match...Dhoni's bat went flying..that was hillarious

Dravid

International Captain
Damn, Gambhir and Uthapa on fire. If Gambhir scores a 100 here, surely a spot in the national squad again for him?