• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crazy ****- Cricket Style

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In another thread I was thinking about guys I have played with and this memory popped into my head. It is the craziest and most disgraceful thing Ive seen on a cricket field (and Ive seen a guy get a 1yr ban for chasing an umpire with a stump).

I played with this guy. He had it all at his feet. One of the most talented batsmen Ive ever seen and almost guaranteed to be the first non-white player for a certain major county. He would have had a massive profile and earning potential if he had made it, but he was a little unstable.

Anyway, in a club game he was given out LBW (it was a very dodgy decision) and proceeded to storm off. The next anyone saw of him was 5 mins later when his car was flying across the outfield.

He proceeded to park the car on a length, lock the door and walk off. This watched to the amazement of all present.

It took a long time before that car could be removed and the game to continue.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
What the?

I always liked the old WG Grace comments he used to make when he was bowled first ball: "I always play a trial ball" and when an umpire (obviously much younger then the great man) gave him out LBW: "Son, I never get out LBW"

:laugh: