• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Country Will Be The Next Test Nation?

Which Country Next?

• Scotland

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Ireland

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Canada

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Kenya

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Bermuda

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Holland

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • USA

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • UAE

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Matt79

Global Moderator
Given the introduction of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh has, to date, been a failure, I can't see why they'd introduce more teams until those two achieve a reasonable standard.

Give them more opportunities to play international ODIs by all means, although they probably shouldn't count stats wise as full blown ODIs unless a test nation is involved.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Nauru the country that mainly exports bird faeces? Or is that Niue, I can never remember.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
none.
no nation will ever be good enough to become a test cricket nation, very simple.
Kenya has no future.
Holland not enough interest...that way I could keep going on.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
mihir_ozz said:
Canada Won't play test in 10yrs.........Well Kenya and Irish woud make it up....Atleast they can score series win over INDIA anytime .....3-0
I am scared by the thought of what they'll do to the WI...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
shortpitched713 said:
Where exactly is Nauru? Always thought it was a myth, tbh.
Yeah its in the Pacific...
North West of the Soloman Islands.. The whole Island is a massive 21 square Kms...

mihir_ozz

Cricket Spectator
Population

whatz the population of Naru......
Ireland should play test very soon they will defeat Bang,Zim,Ind,WI within one year

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Natman20 said:
Don't you think there would be interest if they would become a test nation?
no, there wasn't even interest in the netherlands making the WC
game takes to long for the dutchies, busy lives you know...we can squeeze in 90 minutes of b0ring football, we can't play cricket all day!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
mihir_ozz said:
whatz the population of Naru......
Ireland should play test very soon they will defeat Bang,Zim,Ind,WI within one year
I think the population is about 11,000...

Not 100% sure though...

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
In the long run...this would prolly be the sequence:

1st to join: Kenya
then Scotland
Holland
Ireland

...eventhough i so want Canada to be among the best but that looks pretty vague, and if China caught the bug, then they wld be the first one to top the race.

mihir_ozz

Cricket Spectator
China???///

Might Be China if they take up the sport....
But Now it will be Kenya or Ireland
Cause Ireland plays longer version better than rest
Irish are performing good in Intercontinental Trophy which is Longer version for associates....and they have good cricket population......
Soldout at stormont

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Kriketer said:
In the long run...this would prolly be the sequence:

1st to join: Kenya
then Scotland
Holland
Ireland

...eventhough i so want Canada to be among the best but that looks pretty vague, and if China caught the bug, then they wld be the first one to top the race.

There is not the slightest chance of Scotland becoming a Test playing nation. Although the team name is "England", anyone from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland is automatically qualified to play therefore anyone from Scotland who is Test Class is going to play for England not wait around in the hope that more international class players will emerge in their life time as a cricketer.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
If there is going to be anotehr test nation, I would say Kenya are the closeest, but even then they would just be whipping boys