• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Considering what he showed in Australia a few months later, I'm still utterly stunned how he managed to bowl so economically
Its only because England were batting to save the game and ignoring all the full tosses and half trackers he bowled. I remember Graeme Swann being really scathing of his bowling at the time - saying any spinner worth his salt would've picked up 5 or 6 for sfa on the 5th day.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Its only because England were batting to save the game and ignoring all the full tosses and half trackers he bowled. I remember Graeme Swann being really scathing of his bowling at the time - saying any spinner worth his salt would've picked up 5 or 6 for sfa on the 5th day.
Fair enough then, if England were just looking to shut up shop that would explain it.

Craig was truly something remarkable, but not in a good way. Never seen a conventional offie with such terrible control in my life

Blain

U19 Captain
I can't track down the scorecards for these inter squad games?

But seriously, what is Cole McConchie doing anywhere near this side.. He's the classic bits and bobs cricketer from way back. Might be worthy of playing for Canterbury (pretty sure he had a good couple matches late last season after producing nothing for far to long), but playing for NZ? Sorry. That's a wasted spot for an up and comer.

I also think Rance has had his chances, good domestic bowler with his early swing, but doesn't have enough IMO to be effective after that..

jcas0167

International Debutant
I can't track down the scorecards for these inter squad games?

But seriously, what is Cole McConchie doing anywhere near this side.. He's the classic bits and bobs cricketer from way back. Might be worthy of playing for Canterbury (pretty sure he had a good couple matches late last season after producing nothing for far to long), but playing for NZ? Sorry. That's a wasted spot for an up and comer.

I also think Rance has had his chances, good domestic bowler with his early swing, but doesn't have enough IMO to be effective after that..
This is the only one I've seen.

image.jpg

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nuttall is still alive?

Seriously though, would be in with a good shout of an NZ call up if he wasn't so injury prone.

Jamieson, Tickner and Nuttall could be a pretty handy attack at some point in the future

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
In the intersquad games, Glenn Phillips smashed 70 odd of not many, Seifert also got 70+, Taylor something like not out 30+ and Tom Blundell 20+ of not many. Bowling wise Southeee, Boult and couple of others were handy.

Howsie

International Captain
In the intersquad games, Glenn Phillips smashed 70 odd of not many, Seifert also got 70+, Taylor something like not out 30+ and Tom Blundell 20+ of not many. Bowling wise Southeee, Boult and couple of others were handy.
So will we see both Phillips and Seifert get a proper go this summer or will we continue to be subjected to Colin ****ing Munro

Phillips at this point for me has to be given game time, he was on a different level over in the CPL this season. Was told he’s 100 percent chance of getting his first IPL contract next year, and expect it to be a doozy apparently

nzfan

So will we see both Phillips and Seifert get a proper go this summer or will we continue to be subjected to Colin ****ing Munro

Phillips at this point for me has to be given game time, he was on a different level over in the CPL this season. Was told he’s 100 percent chance of getting his first IPL contract next year, and expect it to be a doozy apparently
Glenn Phillips scored 24(23) in the first game and 79(42) in the second.

Southee, Boult, Kuggeleijn, Santner, Sodhi, were the bowlers in the first game.

Boult, Jamieson, Santner, Tickener, Nutall and TAstle were the bowlers in the second game.

nzfan

In all likelihood Phillips will get a go no doubt but it's going to be touch and go. From what I've been told he has now completely given up on wicket keeping and is starting to concentrate on bowling. Now this poses a bit of a challenge to win a spot in the team given Seifert keeps and so does Tom Blundell. Both Seifert and Blundell are in great touch. How can Phillips be selected over the other two in limited overs? Besides Seifert is like 25 and Blundell 28 or 29. It's going to be some years before Phillips becomes mainstay or he has to plunder runs at domestic to get it. Same case I see with Ravindra. Santner is like 28 and Ejaz is like 29 or something. For the next 7 to 8 years Ravindra will struggle to get in as a bowler. He can bat for sure but then the top order is stacked and waiting in the win is William Young.

I think the two deserving players in Phillips and Ravindra will get a proper go in maybe 5 years time. If they were playing in 2000s they both would have likely had decent number of games for Black Caps under their belt already. Phillips has proved he's good enough and Ravindra simply by the quality of play is one to look for in future.

Good headache for the black caps though.