• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You surely cant drop Gillespie, on batting alone.

However, Hodge was dropped, but as far as I'm concerned...

On batting alone...
Gillespie > Hodge

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Why? Australia have no test cricket between now and then, and he's been on fire all series. Unless he averages 40+ for Yorkshire or gets injured, he'll play in the Ashes ahead of Clark.

yeah it will depend on how many spinners they play on which pitches though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy's sig said:
With Gillespie's ton, does that make him better then most batsmen without one?

Od Course it does, have you ever seen a bowler get one ever?

Gillespie to #7, above Gilly,Warne,Lee,McGrath!
Mate you should use spell check more often (well im not one to talk though)

It should be:

With Gillespie's double ton, does that make him better then worst batsmen without one?

Of Course it does, have you ever seen a bowler get one ever?

Gillespie to #7 above Gilly,Warne,Lee,McGrath!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
FaaipDeOiad said:
Why? Australia have no test cricket between now and then, and he's been on fire all series. Unless he averages 40+ for Yorkshire or gets injured, he'll play in the Ashes ahead of Clark.
that would be a case of being dropped after a double century

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
FaaipDeOiad said:
Possibly...but putting things in perspective - Clark was man of the series in SA and Gillespie has taken a few wickets against the worst nation in test cricket including a whole 5 overs in the first innings of this test.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see an attack with Dizzy, Pigeon, Bing, Magilla and Warney but Clark would feel hard done by.

I'm not sure if Dizzy's batting would come into the equation for selections.....might do though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Mate you should use spell check more often (well im not one to talk though)

It should be:

With Gillespie's double ton, does that make him better then worst batsmen without one?

Of Course it does, have you ever seen a bowler get one ever?

Gillespie to #7 above Gilly,Warne,Lee,McGrath!
Be quiet spelling Nazi...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Dizzy #4 said:
Dizzy is the messiah of batting bowlers, the only ever tailender to get a double!
He batted at 3 ... therefore, not a tailender :cool:

Also there was Wasim at 8, but he was a better batsman than a tailender I guess,

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great show by the big guy. I'm just a bit let down that he had a haircut beforehand.

Could one now consider him a better batsman than Jacques Kallis who has a high score of 189*? I mean that is pretty weak compared to to a 201*. But in all seriousness I was suprised that he even got to 100, credit where its due he obviously batted sublimely.