• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Haque bowled much better than Rafique, personally. He's a much more aggressive bowler, not afraid to throw it up, and he didn't bowl as many short ones either. He did get a bit tired and seem a bit in awe of Gilchrist towards the end, but aside from that he was excellent.

Anyway, a very good innings by Gilchrist, one of the best of his career given the circumstances. The pitch is still a very good one for batting, and with the older ball there's not too much uneven bounce and still no sideways movement and only marginal turn, so Bangladesh should be looking to score 250 odd and get a big lead. If Australia have to chase over 400, it'll take an amazing effort to get it, and I think Bangladesh are big favouties. Bangladesh will need to score at least 200 in the second innings to feel comfortable though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
andyc said:
I smell an avatar/sig challenge.

How about...
If they don't make it past 300, Got Spin has to put a picture of Stuart MacGill in his avatar, and have a sig saying how much he simply adores Stuey's bowling.
If they do make it past 300, you have to get an avatar of Fred Durst, and have a sig saying how much you simply adore Limp Bizkit's music.
*cough*

andyc

And to solve it, Warne moves from first slip to around third slip (according to Cricbuzz, at least). Good stuff Ponting...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe Ricky Ponting won't put in a second slip. Nafees has edged to where second slip would've been twice now, and Ponting's response is to move the (already wide) first slip even wider. Oh well, I'm enjoying it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
andyc said:
And to solve it, Warne moves from first slip to around third slip (according to Cricbuzz, at least). Good stuff Ponting...
:huh:
I don't understand that plan at all.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting is responding to the lack of life in the wicket, and fair enough if the ball is old, but in the first 10 overs you need to have at least two slips in there, especially with Lee and Gillespie bowling decently. Lee's been pretty poor this test I think, I don't know if it's tiredness or lack of experience on these wickets, but he's gone back to trying to bowl yorkers as his wicket taking deliveries, which isn't going to work with Bangladesh batting fairly well.

Gillespie was really good though, and Lee bowled some nice deliveries, and both could have had a wicket in that little session.

I don't know if Warne can bowl or not, but I hope he can, because Australia's best chance of winning this test is to get Warne and MacGill on in tandem soon after tea. There's not a heap of turn in the pitch, but there's a little, and they're the most likely to pick up quick wickets.

andyc

Bangladesh two down for what is effectively 216 as Lee and Gillespie take both openers

James

Cricket Web Owner
C_C said:
Well maybe you shouldnt take the game so seriously then.
You remind me of the standard 18-19something horror-flick nutter chick- one who burrows into my armpits everytime the music goes 'Daga daga dun' or ' Dun Dun DOOOSH', scared ****less but still cant stop watching.
Why do you subject yourself to such feelings ? You can stop watching and do something much more pleasant ya know...
This is a 1st warning.

No matter who it is, those sorts of comments are un-called for.