• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You can't be serious.
yea i am, them scoring 488, would surely give me a worse feeling that Jo'burg 2006, Kolkatta 2001, Adelaide 2003, Antigua 2003 & Capetown 2006 & Colombo 2002.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Richard to take another sabbatical for a few weeks?
I'm sure that there will be a new chapter in Richard's forthcoming book Sphinctobabble - A Guide to Uncricket that will have a full explanation as to why the Bangladeshi performance was inevitable.

It will be Chapter 14 or Chapter 16, but that doesn't matter because, as we all know, there is Absolutely no difference between 14 and 16.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
they cannot be more of fool on this site than you, why dont start acting like a mature & stop behaving like a woman, you are like those whore's on the streets wont stop pesting your girly little irritating self around the place.
(small clatter of dummy hitting floor, louder clatter of toys following them)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
aussie said:
yea i am, them scoring 488, would surely give me a worse feeling that Jo'burg 2006, Kolkatta 2001, Adelaide 2003, Antigua 2003 & Capetown 2006 & Colombo 2002.
That's ridiculous. You're not a true cricket fan if you honestly feel horrible when Australia see a tremendous cricketing feat and happen to go down. I have no idea how old you are, but going on the way you type you can't be that old, and assuming you've been an Australian supporter for some time, you can't have seen them lose more than a few matches here and there, and maybe a series thanks to some incredible batting [Laxman] and bowling [Harby].

You must seriously be a glory-hog, because I'm pretty sure most true supporters can take a loss with a grain of salt, shake some hands and have a beer with your opponents, like real fans.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
aussie said:
if i answer marc and the girls will roll & another war will start, i aint able man..
I'm not having a go at you, I was just curious. If you don't want to answer, don't worry about it.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
I hate how because Bangladesh did well today people assume the Australians played poorly. Give credit where credit is due. Bangladesh outplayed Australia today with good, aggressive cricket. If they can maintain this approach they will become a very exciting side to watch and should start to win more matches. It is a positive that they are improving because we need competitive cricket test matches. Did Australia bowl its best today - probably not, but they were under attack from the outset.

No excuses from this Australian - Bangladesh played well today. Congratulations!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well we did bowl poorly. But you can`t say that`s the only reason. Bangladesh capitalised superbly on any loose deliveries. It`s a ridiculously flat deck and I won`t be surprised to see Australia break a record or 11. I`ll eat my pie for the moment - Gillespie was superb. Wicket to wicket bowling, great to watch.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
That's ridiculous. You're not a true cricket fan if you honestly feel horrible when Australia see a tremendous cricketing feat and happen to go down. I have no idea how old you are, but going on the way you type you can't be that old, and assuming you've been an Australian supporter for some time, you can't have seen them lose more than a few matches here and there, and maybe a series thanks to some incredible batting [Laxman] and bowling [Harby].

You must seriously be a glory-hog, because I'm pretty sure most true supporters can take a loss with a grain of salt, shake some hands and have a beer with your opponents, like real fans.
haha, well i didn't mean when i mentioned those games that i felt horrible (like how i mentioned i would feel if BAN were to get 488), i was tough to watch when Australia lost but i did accept it to be great games. THIS particular game is againts BANGLADESH mate, don't matter how much they have improved but for them to score 488 againts this attack would be extremely tough to accept.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
I wouldn't start calling it a flat deck at the moment, there might be something in it for the spinners later on in the game.

And the tigers have probably lost too many wickets to be getting 400+ but then again they do have a tail that is known for wagging.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nafees's century was absolutely sublime, it was brilliant batting. Sure, the deck is flat as concrete and about as lively, but you have to score the runs. Why can't you sit back and enjoy the minnows making a fist of it? The sport will never grow without teams like Bangladesh being able to hold their own against the best.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Lol, but would they knock the bails off? ;)
That's a good question...I think the answer is to make the batsmen get on their knees and bat with rulers and have small rubbish bin as the wickets - no bails!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Nafees's century was absolutely sublime, it was brilliant batting. Sure, the deck is flat as concrete and about as lively, but you have to score the runs. Why can't you sit back and enjoy the minnows making a fist of it? The sport will never grow without teams like Bangladesh being able to hold their own against the best.
Who are you aiming this at? There`s only one person so far who`s really said this is crap cricket.

I really hope Warne can settle tomorrow. Clark and Warne really need to look at themselves, and Lee can be forgiven for one bad spell. MacGill did enough and Dizzy was brilliant.

Go team.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nnanden said:
Who are you aiming this at? There`s only one person so far who`s really said this is crap cricket.

I really hope Warne can settle tomorrow. Clark and Warne really need to look at themselves, and Lee can be forgiven for one bad spell. MacGill did enough and Dizzy was brilliant.

Go team.
I'm pretty sure it was obviously directed to aussie, but indeed, I did forget to quote him.

Dizzy was great but he still doesn't have that nip about him that used to see him rush batsmen slightly. He showed his brains and experience today though, I still can't see him being the force he was.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Warne has a go at Murali for getting heaps of wickets against Bangladesh, and then produces figures of 20 overs, 0-112 against that same team.

:happy:
My respect for Warnie continues to grow. He's deliberately not taking wickets so he can maintain the statistical high ground on Murali, while simultaneously refusing to take wickets against the Bangladeshis to prove that they're not worthy of joining his list of victims.

An absolute masterstroke.