• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Its Really Heartbreaking

mahartaab

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sachin tendulkar booed by his home-crowd. What a Shame.......but this creates a question in minds......Should he retire now???

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No.
It's a crying shame, indeed, but by retiring now he'd just make that the last thing that ever happened in his career.
I confess I don't understand why Tendulkar's form has been so abysmal recently: it can't possibly be the adulation getting to him - if that was going to happen it'd have happened before now; equally it's stupid to suggest his eyesight might be going at a mere 33.
But there is one undeniable fact: Tendulkar since New Zealand 2002\03 has not been the same player he was for the previous 11 years.
If anyone can really explain that I'd like to hear it.
Even just "poor form" isn't really a great one - Tendulkar, like everyone, has had poor form before now but it's never lead to this sort of slump.
I thought, during that Pakistan home series, that things might be coming back but since that century against SL it's been downhill all the way.
Could a year-long break with something to do other than recover from injury help?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why is it a crying shame ?? They were booing his performance, not him. Get over it.
I hate this hysteria of some people, these same fans were treating him like GOD so it was okay but the moment some idiots boo his misrable performance, it becomes a shameful act, isn't it ??

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont boo sportsmen and will never do that but I dont have a problem as long as it is non-abusive and non-violent. If the fans are being abusive or violent then they should be kicked out of the stadium and prosecuted.

Last edited:

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
As much as I hate seeing this happening to the one player who carried our team through the 90's without much support, I'd much rather see this kind of response from a crowd than what Bengal did to the Indian team for dropping Ganguly. Mumbaikars showed that the team comes above every individual, even if that individual is Tendulkar! They are tired of waiting for him to get going again, and quite frankly I am too. And I'm one of his most ardent supporters/defenders.

And maybe this is what Tendulkar needs - a rude call telling that whatever he has been doing the last 2-3 years isn't helping the team despite his best efforts. Here's hoping he takes this to heart and finally figures out what the problem is. I can't imagine his body giving way at 33...the problem's gotta be in his mind. And considering how he has been getting out recently (flirting with deliveries outside off stump with zero feet movement), I have more reason to believe it's more of a problem on the "top floor" than anywhere else.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hardly think Tendulkar being booed is going to make him realise that "Hey, these low scores I'm getting are not good enough, maybe I should move my feet more."

He knows he's playing crap, you could see it in his face when he was batting in the 1st innings, he was nervous and badly wanted to get off the mark and off strike. Not the Sachin we know. Booing isn't going to change any of this.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jono said:
I hardly think Tendulkar being booed is going to make him realise that "Hey, these low scores I'm getting are not good enough, maybe I should move my feet more."

He knows he's playing crap, you could see it in his face when he was batting in the 1st innings, he was nervous and badly wanted to get off the mark and off strike. Not the Sachin we know. Booing isn't going to change any of this.
C'mon dude...I'm gasping at straws here :)

I desperately need to see the Sachin of old, assured and aggressive. I have always wanted him to play like a champion till 40, leading India to many memorable victories and breaking all the records in the world.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hehe fair enough. :)

I agree with you that its all mental, but I'm 100% sure that the crowd booing him will not spur him on to come out and kick butt in the 2nd innings, because I'm sure he didn't take it to heart. All the price of fame.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:

I don't know....the booing must have been humiliating, and it may just spur him on to play differently. I hope.

Dick Rockett

Sanz said:
I dont boo sportsmen and will never do that but I dont have a problem as long as it is non-abusive and non-violent. If the fans are being abusive or violent then they should be kicked out of the stadium and persecuted.
Persecuted? Jeez, that's a bit over the top isn't it? ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Of course it is not going to change anything, but what do you do ? You cant stop every idiot in the crowd. It is a very very small minority. So the best way to deal is the Rahul Way - deal with a lot of maturity which I am sure what Sachin will do. Media is hysterical as always.

As usual media is blowing this out oof proportion and making it look bigger than it actually is.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
mundaneyogi said:
Persecuted? Jeez, that's a bit over the top isn't it? ;)
If they are being abusive and voilent then YES. Kick them out of the stadium and then maintain a record of such people, never allow them to enter a cricket ground again.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
TendulkarFan said:
As much as I hate seeing this happening to the one player who carried our team through the 90's without much support, I'd much rather see this kind of response from a crowd than what Bengal did to the Indian team for dropping Ganguly. Mumbaikars showed that the team comes above every individual, even if that individual is Tendulkar! They are tired of waiting for him to get going again, and quite frankly I am too. And I'm one of his most ardent supporters/defenders.
Give a rest to your assumption. India's performance was pathetic in Kolkata and IMO it was their performance that triggered the booing.

I hate this hypocrical stance, when Mumbai crowd boos your team/player you come here and defend it and call it as love for cricket and blah blah blah but when it was done in Kolkata you spew your usual biased crap.

May be the Mumbai's crowds' racist abuses @ WI team was very patriotic as well.8-) 8-)

Dick Rockett

Sanz said:
If they are being abusive and voilent then YES. Kick them out of the stadium and then maintain a record of such people, never allow them to enter a cricket ground again.
I know what you mean, but I think the word you meant to use is prosecuted.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Of course, despite him only being 33, he's been playing international cricket since 16 - it might just be tiredness.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sanz said:
Give a rest to your assumption. India's performance was pathetic in Kolkata and IMO it was their performance that triggered the booing.

I hate this hypocrical stance, when Mumbai crowd boos your team/player you come here and defend it and call it as love for cricket and blah blah blah but when it was done in Kolkata you spew your usual biased crap.

May be the Mumbai's crowds' racist abuses @ WI team was very patriotic as well.8-) 8-)
Yeah and they burnt Chappell's and Dravid's effigies because of India's poor performance right? Sure that's a normal occurence in India...happens in every city after every crap performance, doesn't it?

I didn't say what Mumbai crowd did was right...I just said it's not as bad as blindly supporting an underperforming player, which was downright disgraceful. Sachin doesn't deserve the treatment he got but if he keeps going like he has been, he will.

Maybe you should try to understand the post before you reply to it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
TendulkarFan said:
Yeah and they burnt Chappell's and Dravid's effigies because of India's poor performance right? Sure that's a normal occurence in India...happens in every city after every crap performance, doesn't it?
Trust you to bring all the effigy burning issue, did that do that in the stadium ? Maybe I missed that. Btw did you really watch the game, If they were booing Dravid or team India, it must have been from the first ball infact even before that, from the time they got inside the stadium. But anyways it was so nice of you bring effigy burning issues, as if it happens only in Bengal and Kolkata. Also good on you for ignoring the great gesture by Greg Chappell, May be we should make compulsory in our schools.

I didn't say what Mumbai crowd did was right...I just said it's not as bad as blindly supporting an underperforming player, which was downright disgraceful. Sachin doesn't deserve the treatment he got but if he keeps going like he has been, he will.

Maybe you should try to understand the post before you reply to it.
What are you doing ?? You are doing the same thing by blindly supporting tendulkar, whose performance sucks. So shed your holier than thou attitude. People have come to view cricket match and they were frustrated at our performance, not everyone is a blind fan like you, hence they chose to vent their frustration by booing him. That same crowd is chanting Sachin Sachin today..What do you have to say to that. Indians Fans are like that one day they will boo you next day they will worship you, Insteady of being hysterical about their reaction, you have got to accept it and move on. But it seems that some blind tendulkar fanatics and media are obsessed with Tendulkar, He is kind of immune to any sort of criticism.

mahartaab

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i dunno much about the rest of world cricket , but in pakistan in recent past only imran khan retired respectfully. so my point is that before he is forced out like ganguly,darren lehman, wasim,waqar,saeed,miandad and many more he should retire in a respectful manner.besides he has already made enough records for himeself which can hardly be broken in distant future and inspired many new batsmen of his KIND in indian cricket. i think he should now make way for new cricketers or atleast take some time off from international arena ..until he feels he is back at his best.