• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your dream commentary team

Nishant

International 12th Man
sorry.....but i think Richie Benudis quite boring TBH...its his voice! Ive met him several times and know him quite well. I told him that i didnt like his commentating and e said that he as not suprised. He, as well as his whole family doesn approve of it either!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
no love for waqar on this thread, tut tut, he was hilarious "that's a booooooddyyy!!"
Laughed so hard at Waqar's commentary when Danish Kaneria was on a hat-trick vs England.The hat-trick ball came and Geraint Jones was literally plumb lbw but was given not out.

Waqar's commentery

"That's, that's hat-trick!!!.I tell you that is hat-trick".:laugh:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
1. Michael Holding
2. Richie Benaud
3. David Lloyd
4. Dermot Reeve
5. Geoff Boycott
6. Mark Nicholas

1 + 2 because I enjoy their commentary, and think they're both very knowledgeable. 3. Because he's a good laugh. 4 + 5 would have to always be on together - apart from each other they get on my nerves but together they're just sheer comedy value, and Nicholas at 6 because listening to commentary would get boring without one of the commentators being so annoying that you get to shout at the tv and rip it out of them.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
  • Benaud
  • Boycott
  • Hussain
  • Nicholas

Oh YES ...also Ian Chappell
I like Gower but he seems to act more like an anchor moderating the discussion rather than as an expert himself. He is pretty good if he does.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Richie Benaud (c)
2. Michael Holding
3. Mark Nicholas
4. Geoff Boycott
5. Ian Chappell
6. Jeremy Coney

Fiery

Banned
sorry.....but i think Richie Benudis quite boring TBH...its his voice! Ive met him several times and know him quite well. I told him that i didnt like his commentating and e said that he as not suprised. He, as well as his whole family doesn approve of it either!
:laugh: How To Win Friends and Influence People. Meet people socially and tell them you don't like want they've been doing for the last 40 years :huh:

Fiery

Banned
Have to admire his honesty.
True. Some things are better left unsaid in certain situations though. Gracious of Richie to say "he was not surprised" rather than what he would have been thinking which would probably be "cheeky so-and-so" :dry:

Flem274*

123/5
True. Some things are better left unsaid in certain situations though. Gracious of Richie to say "he was not surprised" rather than what he would have been thinking which would probably be "cheeky so-and-so" :dry:
TBH I'm surprised he didn't react similarly to his tantrums on the 12th man.:laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's true, mind you I'm always of the opinion that you should speak your mind. Benaud has probably had to deal with a bit of negative feedback during his commentary days, so I'm sure he was used to those sort of comments.

Fiery

Banned
That's true, mind you I'm always of the opinion that you should speak your mind. Benaud has probably had to deal with a bit of negative feedback during his commentary days, so I'm sure he was used to those sort of comments.
I'm sure the positive feedback far outweighs the negative for him anyway

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
my team would be:

mark nicholas(presenter aswell)
richie benuad
geoffrey boycott
ian botham
nasser hussain
david "bumble" lloyd