• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Jason would argue that SL isn't a majot test nation. ;)
LOL !!
SL's a major test nation at home , they are a minor test nation away from home !!:laugh:

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
JASON said:
You must be joking !!

This is SL's first home series after a severe pounding away from home in India/NZ and to a lesser extent by the Aussies and if SL mess it against Pakistan there will be wholesome changes and definite sacking of Moody without any further hesitation .

SL's embattled batsman must be waiting for an opportunity to get into winning ways in a long awaited home series.

I predict 2-0 Test series win to my beloved Sri Lanka in Tests and a 3-0 whitewash in ODI's too .
Anything less should be considered a failure by SL , since this series is at home.
This series is too close to call, especially since Pak don't have Akhtar, since SLK is at home I am going to go 1-0 SLK. ODI series can go either ways, but I have to give Pak an edge here as they seem to be a better equipped in their batting department, with even Rana Naved being able to hit the ball. Either ways I don't think either team will win 3-0 the final count will be 2-1.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Test 2-0 Lanka

ODI 2-1 Lanka.

Don't think Pak will impress much, they dn't have Akhtar, Gul is also ill, while Sami and Rana have been failures at test level.

Danish is a decent bowler but he will find it hard to get wkts of Lankan batsmen.

I think Lanka will thrash Pak in test series but OD will be close.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
From Cricinfo.com

The Pakistan squad for the ODI- Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Faisal Iqbal, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Danish Kaneria, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Rao Iftikhar, Abdul Rehman, Tahir Khan, Umar Gul.

SA

Banned
TT Boy said:
From Cricinfo.com

The Pakistan squad for the ODI- Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Faisal Iqbal, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Danish Kaneria, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Rao Iftikhar, Abdul Rehman, Tahir Khan, Umar Gul.
Umar Gul is still not 100% fit & Mohammad Irshad deserved to be there in his place.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
From Cricinfo.com

Without Akhtar and Sami the bowling attack looks crap!

And Danish should never find a place in the OD team, unless Pak are looking to chase a total in excess of 350+

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
TT Boy said:
From Cricinfo.com

Tahir Khan, Abu Rehman??? who are these players??

Yasir Hameed and Asim Kamal seems to have dissapeared.

Beleg

International Regular
JASON,

This is SL's first home series after a severe pounding away from home in India/NZ and to a lesser extent by the Aussies and if SL mess it against Pakistan there will be wholesome changes and definite sacking of Moody without any further hesitation.
Which doesn't detract from the fact that my predicted result is well on the cards here.

SL's embattled batsman must be waiting for an opportunity to get into winning ways in a long awaited home series.
If they are allowed to, that is.

I predict 2-0 Test series win to my beloved Sri Lanka in Tests and a 3-0 whitewash in ODI's too .
Spoken like a true stand-up comedian.

Anything less should be considered a failure by SL , since this series is at home.
What happened to the old JASON? Can I get some of the polyjuice potion addled drink you are having?

:p

Xuhaib

International Coach
RolledOver said:
Tahir Khan, Abu Rehman??? who are these players??

Yasir Hameed and Asim Kamal seems to have dissapeared.
Tahir Khan is an off-spinning all rounder and Rehman is a Slow-Left arm.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think anyone has mentioned that the Lankan squad was announced:

Marvan Atapattu (c)
Mahela Jayawardene (vc)
Sanath Jayasuriya
Upul Tharanga
Kumar Sangakkara (wk)
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Russel Arnold
Chamara Kapugedera
Farveez Maharoof
Chaminda Vaas
Malinga Bandara
Muttiah Muralitharan
Ruchira Perera
Nuwan Kulasekara
Kaushal Lokuarachchi

Nice to see Arnold back, a bit disappointed he wasn't in th Bangla squad but i guess he was rested. Also good to see Dilhara and Mubarak dropped, i think Vandort is a bit hard done by, but i guess there is no room for him in the squad ATM.

EDIT: Chaminda Vaas also resigned as vice captain, he wasn't dropped apparently

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Mubarak has been dropped well I never.

Looks a pretty strong unit, should be a close series.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Beleg said:
JASON,
What happened to the old JASON? Can I get some of the polyjuice potion addled drink you are having?

:p
I thought Northern Frontier in Pak was the Drug Capital of the world and the highest quality cannabis (otherwise locally known as "Ganja") was available in plentiful there !!:laugh:

I guess Mate you could easily help yourself surely !!:laugh: :laugh: