• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo's Top Five Player Searches...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Look, the same was said about Harmison. Until Mills starts consistently performing, he's not going to be rated. He's just starting to make some progress now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Flintoff too? LOL!

Anyway to deny that Mills hasn't improved would be silly. He's no world beater but is becoming a better ODI bowler every game he plays. He just can't bowl at the death at all.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Agreed. CricInfo and Cricket Web have both reported on the improvement of Mills, I hope he keeps it up.

Funny he`s in the Top Five though. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Hardly the best argument with Richard - he still maintains that neither Harmison or Flintoff are quality bowlers.
Rubbish, it would take an idiot to both suggest Flintoff is not a quality bowler or to miss the fact that I've said many times that, since Edgbaston 2005, he has been.
Harmison, however, is not, and that's now pretty conclusive.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
Look, the same was said about Harmison. Until Mills starts consistently performing, he's not going to be rated. He's just starting to make some progress now.
Both started in such useless conditions that it hardly matters that they're slightly less bad now than they once were.
And both remain pretty hopeless by ODI and Test standards.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I didn't miss anything Richard, I was questioning whether you did in fact believe Flintoff was not a quality bowler. Seemingly you don't believe that, but if you did it would be 'lol' absurd IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It would - and I can't believe you've missed the many times since Edgbaston 2005 that I've said he is.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Rubbish, it would take an idiot to both suggest Flintoff is not a quality bowler or to miss the fact that I've said many times that, since Edgbaston 2005, he has been.
Harmison, however, is not, and that's now pretty conclusive.
Flintoff has been a quality bowler for far longer than 6 months.

Harmison is and has been for a fair time as well - just you don't like him so have decided it's impossible he can be.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Harmison is and has been for a fair time as well - just you don't like him so have decided it's impossible he can be.
I have to say I'm beginning to question whether Harmison is a quality bowler. He's decent enough, but he hasn't had a really good series for a long time now and IIRC he's only really had 2 really good series in his career.