• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's biggest whingers

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Me thinks Arjuna Ranatunga deserves a mention here. Now I don't condone the treatment of Murali down under but I see he's bleating about it again today, he always seems to pop up in the press banging on about something.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Autobahn said:
It's annoying that when other batsmen stand their ground everyone's complaining that he's undermining the umpire and yet when ponting does it suddenly he's somehow different.
Eh? The umpires gave him not out. How could be possibly be undermining the umpires by standing his ground? The only person who he was undermining was Jayawardene, who later admitted he didn't even take the catch.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Langeveldt said:
He was a jobbing off spinner who batted a bit, hence the "What the hell are you moaning at" when he left.. I think England have Nottinghamshire to thank for realizing his talent explosion in the early 2000's..
Yeah shame he had to put the notts dressing room through the torment of a couple of years with him, Alwell no pain no gain :laugh:

Autobahn

State 12th Man
FaaipDeOiad said:
Eh? The umpires gave him not out. How could be possibly be undermining the umpires by standing his ground? The only person who he was undermining was Jayawardene, who later admitted he didn't even take the catch.
Ah forget it

Butterteeth

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Paddles..

Hey I've thought of another one!!!!

Richard Hadlee!!

Didn't he make comments in the mid 80's about the appalling standards of education in Tasmania after a bunch of kiddies at a match were joining in the chant 'Hadlee's a W***er'?

Great bowler mind you...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned KP at all. As much as I love him I find the whole "racial quotas, whites not given a fair go in South Africa, selection not merit-based" justification for him upping sticks & coming to the mother country a bit tiresome. If he'd have stayed he would have played for SA eventually, I have absolutely no doubt about that. He's simply too big a talent for them to have ignored.

To be fair to the big fella he took his lumps like a man in SA in 04/05 & answered all the saffie cries of "traitor" in the best possible manner.
I doubt it - when he left SA he was an off-spinner who batted at number 8.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Butterteeth said:
Hey I've thought of another one!!!!

Richard Hadlee!!

Didn't he make comments in the mid 80's about the appalling standards of education in Tasmania after a bunch of kiddies at a match were joining in the chant 'Hadlee's a W***er'?

Great bowler mind you...
To be fair, he wouldn't have been too far wrong.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was a jobbing off spinner who batted a bit, hence the "What the hell are you moaning at" when he left.. I think England have Nottinghamshire to thank for realizing his talent explosion in the early 2000's..
To say he's 'come a long way' seems redundant at this point!