Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next generation Australian keepers.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Replace David Hussey with a opener, Warne with Jack McNamara. Gillespie, Dorey and Johnson with Bracken, Henquries and Shaun Marsh you have got more realistic side. The 2nd openers spot will be inbetween Micheal Klinger, Chris Rogers, Callum Fergurson or Marcus North
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Replace David Hussey with a opener, Warne with Jack McNamara. Gillespie, Dorey and Johnson with Bracken, Henquries and Shaun Marsh you have got more realistic side. The 2nd openers spot will be inbetween Micheal Klinger, Chris Rogers, Callum Fergurson or Marcus North
    maybe we could replace Hussey with another opner more so Rodgers since he seems to be improving a lot. Cant consider jack ATM unfortunately , people like Cullen Bailey & White & Casson are ahead of him.

Maybe we could swap Bracken for Dorey, but why swap Dizzy & Johnson for a batsman & a batting/all-rounder. If Johnson improves by then i.e fullfilling the potential everyone says he has i cant see him not being a part of the side then. While i think Rofe has a great chance of being a part of the team them won't discount him at all.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    maybe we could replace Hussey with another opner more so Rodgers since he seems to be improving a lot. Cant consider jack ATM unfortunately , people like Cullen Bailey & White & Casson are ahead of him.

Maybe we could swap Bracken for Dorey, but why swap Dizzy & Johnson for a batsman & a batting/all-rounder. If Johnson improves by then i.e fullfilling the potential everyone says he has i cant see him not being a part of the side then. While i think Rofe has a great chance of being a part of the team them won't discount him at all.
    I think the possibilities for 2009 Ashes squad will look something like this:

Openers: Jaques, Klinger & Rodgers
    Middle Order: Ponting, Hussey, Symonds, White, Birt, Ferguson, North & Marsh
    All rounders: Watson, Hopes
    Keeper: Hartley
    Spinners: Bailey, Cullen, Casson
    Quicks; Lee, Gillespie, Tait, Wise, Dorey, Johnson & perhaps Bird & Siddle.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright

lol all 22 players will be on the tour then

I don't think they will take three spinners and i don't think they will take 6 quicks especially with Watson in the sqaud and no Crosgrove and Clarke

This would my potential 16 after some consideration:

Openers: Jaques, Hussey, Ferguson
    Middle Order: Pointing, Clarke, Crosgove, Marsh
    All Rounders: Watson, Henquries
    Bowlers: Lee, Tait, Bracken, Gillespie/Johnson
    Spinners: Cullen, White/Casson
    Keepers: Hartley

Ferguson and Crosgove are the makeshift openers if required, 8 batting options, six seam options. But for Australia sake they better how some quailty fast bowler comes through if Gillespie isn't back, cus Johnson crap which ever way you look at it and the options will be in their 30s and unless the cemented a spot prior you would think the youngsters will get a run.

i agree with most of these options although i dont think we should discount David Hussey has a possible middle-oder candidate then even though he will be past 30 & with the fast bowlers neither should Paul Rofe.

Here is what i think australia starting XI may look like presuming Warne isn't going to be their:

Jaques
    Rogers
    Ponting
    M Hussey
    Watson
    Clarke
    Hartley
    Lee
    Cullen
    Gillespie/Johnson
    Tait

But then again if you look at how england may look like like, it could be another difficult ashes tour for australia.

Trescothick
    Strauss
    Vaughan
    Bell
    KP
    Freddie
    Prior/G.Jones
    Plunkett
    Harmy
    Jonah
    Panesar

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    lol all 22 players will be on the tour then

I don't think they will take three spinners and i don't think they will take 6 quicks especially with Watson in the sqaud and no Crosgrove and Clarke

This would my potential 16 after some consideration:

Openers: Jaques, Hussey, Ferguson
    Middle Order: Pointing, Clarke, Crosgove, Marsh
    All Rounders: Watson, Henquries
    Bowlers: Lee, Tait, Bracken, Gillespie/Johnson
    Spinners: Cullen, White/Casson
    Keepers: Hartley

Ferguson and Crosgove are the makeshift openers if required, 8 batting options, six seam options. But for Australia sake they better how some quailty fast bowler comes through if Gillespie isn't back, cus Johnson crap which ever way you look at it and the options will be in their 30s and unless the cemented a spot prior you would think the youngsters will get a run.
    Um..dar! I said possibilities for the 2009 tour, not the 2009 tour squad.

Burger Time Champion!
    i agree with most of these options although i dont think we should discount David Hussey has a possible middle-oder candidate then even though he will be past 30 & with the fast bowlers neither should Paul Rofe.

Here is what i think australia starting XI may look like presuming Warne isn't going to be their:

Jaques
    Rogers
    Ponting
    M Hussey
    Watson
    Clarke
    Hartley
    Lee
    Cullen
    Gillespie/Johnson
    Tait

But then again if you look at how england may look like like, it could be another difficult ashes tour for australia.

Trescothick
    Strauss
    Vaughan
    Bell
    KP
    Freddie
    Prior/G.Jones
    Plunkett
    Harmy
    Jonah
    Panesar
    David Hussey is far too inconsistent to ever be a contender especially considering his age. I mean the guy scores a double century gets touted as a test player then not long after is dropped from the side.

David Hussey is far too inconsistent to ever be a contender especially considering his age. I mean the guy scores a double century gets touted as a test player then not long after is dropped from the side.
    you have a point their, seems like another Brad Hodge in the making so in a sense Australia middle order come 2009 will be full of under 30's baring Ponting & Mike Hussey, good in some ways could be negative as well.

Yeah, I think one of the traps you can fall into in predicting the next Ashes squad, is thinking that there will be heaps of changes, just because it is three years away. Three years is not really that much time. Five of our seven batsmen toured in 2001 and 2005; In 2005, we had the same Test attack for the first Test that we had in 2001. So, things don't change that much- even with the squad getting older. Anyway, if I had to speculate, my 2009 squad would look something like:

Langer; Jacques; Ponting; Clarke; Cosgrove; MHussey; Watson.

Haddin; Hartley.

Warne; Cullen.

Bracken; Lee; Tait; Dorey; and one of Henriques/Bird/Johnson.

looks very possible howard.

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Yeah, I think one of the traps you can fall into in predicting the next Ashes squad, is thinking that there will be heaps of changes, just because it is three years away. Three years is not really that much time. Five of our seven batsmen toured in 2001 and 2005; In 2005, we had the same Test attack for the first Test that we had in 2001. So, things don't change that much- even with the squad getting older. Anyway, if I had to speculate, my 2009 squad would look something like:

Langer; Jacques; Ponting; Clarke; Cosgrove; MHussey; Watson.

Haddin; Hartley.

Warne; Cullen.

Bracken; Lee; Tait; Dorey; and one of Henriques/Bird/Johnson.
    Langer won't be there. He missed three of the six tests this summer due to injury. He is getting old. If he keeps missing tests and doesn't consistently score runs he will either be dropped or get overtaken by Jaques if he misses too many more test matches. The way Hayden is playing at the moment he is more likely than Langer to last to 2009.

all true but somehow you do get the feeling that one of either Langer or Hayden will be around until 2009.

Burger Time Champion!
    all true but somehow you do get the feeling that one of either Langer or Hayden will be around until 2009.
    Or both...

Or both...
    hmm well they would have to be playing superbly at that age because it will take some great from from both of them to hold out Jaques from the test side for that long.

Burger Time Champion!
    hmm well they would have to be playing superbly at that age because it will take some great from from both of them to hold out Jaques from the test side for that long.
    I think after Hussey has shown that openers can bat in the middle order Jaques may get his fulltime oportunity there and perhaps replace whoever goes first as opener.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information