• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what a bunch of dickheads

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
Poor bloke, I reckon its pretty unfair and is not in the spirit of the game. He was obviously being a good bloke and passing the ball to them to save them comming to get it and all the thanks he gets for his act of niceness is an appeal for a wicket. It's downright rude i think and is not an example of good sportsmanship at all and the indians should have a long hard think about what they've done.

Michael

Cricket Spectator
This always happens in the sub-continent they are way too strict in Australia it happens all the time chucking the ball to the opposition and nothing happens, poor sportsmanship from India.

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
A bit of a wierd one.

The ball was never going to hit the stumps so India showed poor sportsmanship to appeal...

BUT

Golden rule
Every kid is taught not to touch the ball with your hands because thats the fielders job. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU PICK IT UP?

Its a bit like when former Australian opener Andrew Hilditch did something similar against Pakistan in 1979 (i think thats the year) except it was down the bowlers end and Sarfraz Nawaz appealed when he had the ball tossed to him)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
well it is a rule that you arent allowed to touch the ball ? so why play foolish and try and help the team ??

Rules are rules , and they are allowed to appeal

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Yes, he did pick the ball up.

It is aginat the rules, but appealing that is just not Cricket :(

They should not of appealed. If my club games, we have appealed for it as a joke. If they then given out, we call them back. TEST PLAYERS SHOULD DO THAT!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yup im sure that all of you ppl who area against it

When you are in that kind of a situation .. where you havent won a test series in ages , and when a guy is on a frustrating 75 , and if there is a way he got out you will appeal no matter what !! im sure , after all everyone wants to win when there is money and country pride

mrplow

Cricket Spectator
quite right, i hate the way sportsmanship doesnt seem to exist in professional sport... like when footie players knock the ball miles down the line rather than just pass it to the opposition for a throw on, or at goal kicks/corners...

i'd be pretty annoyed if i was vaughan

btw interesting post b4 mine :I :confused:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
quite right, i hate the way sportsmanship doesnt seem to exist in professional sport... like when footie players knock the ball miles down the line rather than just pass it to the opposition for a throw on, or at goal kicks/corners...

i'd be pretty annoyed if i was vaughan

btw interesting post b4 mine :I :confused:
You get yellow cards for that in football..

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm looking into it lord_of_darkness.

Some sick individual posting racist comments on the forum and attacking it :(