• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best ever....

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
In backyard cricket

Best ball
Best figures
Best batting performance
Best catch
Best piece of fielding
Favourite game
and also, who do you like to think of yourself as?

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Hmmm thats pretty interesting

Best ball---when i off spun it from wide to on off to leg stump.my mate just did an exagerated leave and watched as he lost his leg stick.thing is i tried to bowl leg spin.
best figures---12/10(12wickets)
Best batting---599*
ill keep you filled in on the rest

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've bowled a guy out ten times for four runs before....

I hit the legendary(round my parts anyway) unbeaten double century when we were forced to play with a foam ball...Sunny day in June(UK summer) and i only hit one four.

Best ball i've bowled was leg spin with a tennis ball....it landed about 2/3rds up the pitch but a good 2-3 metres outside leg stump and then after it bounced it managed to hit the batsman about shoulder height before hitting the stumps...makes a mockery of 'that' Warne ball :happy:

When i bowl i think of myself as a right handed Ashley Giles...the pitch by the batsmen is so bumpy from years of batsmen marking their mark that all you have to do it flight it up there with no spin and it could go anywhere

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My all time favourite ball was the one that pitched 3 or 4 inches outside leg stump, turned sharply and pitched 3 or 4 inches outside off stump before turning back to knock out middle stump.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Best ball - off cutter that came in and hit the top of off
Best batting performance - 117
Best catch - left-handed catch diving full stretch off my own bowling
Who do you like to think of yourself as? Shane Deitz

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Best ball Fullish on off-stump, swung in a lot before cutting away a shade, caught excellently by the `keeper.
Best figures Not sure. Recently, 3/4 in an over.
Best batting performance 144 haha, seriously. I took it so seriously and it took over two hours. :laugh: My mates all hated me.
Best catch Out at long-on, ball was hit hard, turned around and started running, dove near the boundary, caught in my right hand. Just insane.
Best piece of fielding I don`t often get run-outs. Just normal ones off decent throws.
Favourite game My first ever game where I scored 22. So fun.
and also, who do you like to think of yourself as? Sean Ervine. :happy:

Last edited:

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
My best catch was with my mates and i was looking the opposite way when the bowler bowled the ball and the batsman hit it straight in my direction and i turned around and saw the ball coming low to the right and took it one handed. Wonderful Catch!

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Best Ball - Last sunday to dismiss my cousin... Bowled it down off stump, must of been half a metre out, but cut back in vicously and dislogded middle stump.

Best Bat - I'm not an aclaimed batsmen I must say, If I can remember I made about 30 on a holiday to cornwall

Best Figures - 4-20 Including a hatrick

Best catch - Well I always play cricket with my family, and this time my grandad was batting (Uncanny similarity to Inzimam ul haq, big build but small, Patient batsmen and really hard to get out) And it came up short, Bounced and as it seemed to be just floating over my head, I managed to grasp it with my left hand, at full strectch, jumped 2 feet. And held on:happy: Like Collingwood when he caught hayden this year i suppose

Fielding - I dont do run outs, i just stop runs. One ball crashed straight up the ground, sprawlking dive to my right, fingertips stopped it

Favourite game - My sunday game, I was on fire but justice wasnt done though, I made 11 with the bat and took 4-27, I was dismissed very unfairly though

And I like to think of myself as steve harmison. Agressive, passionate, full of tricks, and can be handy with the bat

mr cricket

Cricket Spectator
best ball:leggie that spun about 2 metres and hit off

best bat:154 off about 100 balls,real boundreys

best figures:8 for 22

best catch:diving full length and taking a one hander

i think of myself as andrew symonds,big hitter,can bowl spin or pace,good feilder

mdunn27

Cricket Spectator
Best ball - I bowled one lately on a dodgy pitch that cut 4 foot (we did measure haha) from outside leg stump, clipped the batting gloves and took off stump

Best figures - In backyard Tests, bowled a team out for 26 (10 wickets, including a hat-trick)

Best batting performance - 234 in 25 minutes

Best catch - Running with flight of the ball and diving (what felt like) full stretch and taking it one handed to complete a hat-trick

and also, who do you like to think of yourself as? - Muralidharan, swing the bat, occsional suspect action

TIF

U19 Debutant
Best ball - A in-swinging yorker which I bowled to remove the batsman out clean bowled
Best figures - 4/9(2.1-0-9-4)
Best batting performance - 109 off 38 balls
Best catch - A Yuvraj Singh-esque catch at point
Best piece of fielding - A run-out with a direct hit to remove the batsman
Favourite game - Whats this?
and also, who do you like to think of yourself as? - MS Dhoni while batting, Yuvraj Singh while fielding

simmy

International Regular
Best ball: Admittedly we were playing with a "doctored ball".. we basically put tank tape over half the ball so that it swings a LOT! I came around the wicket and started it way outside off, it then swung right back and hit the wicket (aka garden chair) on its legside.

It was truly awesome. Reliving the moment makes me happy :D

cricketboy29

International Regular
Best Ball(1): Inswinging yorker into middle stump, batsman completely lost:)
Best Ball (2): Slower legcutter, back of the hand, off stump:)
Best Knock: A 50 in a school game, holding the innings together
Best Figures, a 5-fer in a match that we were destined to lose, but it helped garner us some pride.

Ah, good memories :D

Who would i think of myself as, hmmm....a very watered down version of kapil dev :p

cricketboy29

International Regular
marc71178 said:
My all time favourite ball was the one that pitched 3 or 4 inches outside leg stump, turned sharply and pitched 3 or 4 inches outside off stump before turning back to knock out middle stump.

Wouldnt that be a dead ball, then, if the ball bounced twice?

simmy

International Regular
Best ball: Usually bowl legspin but then tried a quicker one, which actually spun like a googly which is not what I intended. Batsman out LBW.

Best knock: My highest score is 123, which I have 3 times!! In one of these knocks I got the 123 in quick time, with the team just getting 178 in total. I hit 22 fours. Didnt play a shot in anger either, nothing in the air. My best knock by a distance.

Best catch: Diving to my left at 1st slip. When I say it was like Strauss' superman catch I am not exagerating. Probably my only onehanded catch with my weaker hand too. Dead chuffed.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
Best ball: a ball that i dragged out of the back of my hand ended up about 3 metres outside leg my mate trying to be funny did a big forward defensive shot but the ball spun around behind him and hit the top of off stump
Best figures: 10-1 only run was a scrambled single when i dropped a sitter
Best batting performance 338* with 31 fours in a row. it took about 2 hours
Best catch i was fielding in close and my mate was tossing up leggies out side leg and i was close in point. the batsman got a short longhop didnt hit it down the ground for an easy four instead absolutley smashed one at me and i honestley didnt see it but it smashed into my left and and somehow stuck it stung for hours later
Best piece of fielding a cut shot that hit the fence and was slowley rolling towards the boundry my mate sprinted got it and threw it up to me the batsman was about 3 metres from getting home and i was about 20 metres away so i thought i should launch it and i turned up shanking the throw and hitting the other batter who was about a metre short and cannoned into his stumps running him out by about a cm
Favourite game the four hour test match where everyone involved scored hundreds
who do you like to think of yourself as? an afridi esque batman (dirty slogger) and a try hard quickie but when i get to tired i try legbreaks

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Two new additions to my thingy.

Fielding - I finally got someone out via a run out. ball was nipped away on the leg side, ran like a bullet at fine leg, picked it up, turned and hammered down the middle stump with the batsman a mile out....

Also Ive recorded best figures, 4-16, and yet another hat-trick, with a few school mates, all 3 caught at square leg