• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funny GIF of Pak vs Ind

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
The inner seven year old is an absolutely critical part of any well-rounded human being.

How else can you explain ClarkeWatch's rampant success? Just ask Jimmy Ormond...
Have a look at my analogy with Little Britain - both the GIF and Little Britain are funny to start with, but soon get depressingly boring.

Actually reminds me of watching Teletubbies with my cousin - they always show the clip about children catching butterflies or something twice - it's because the little kids want to see it twice, not because it's funny.

Mind you I guess that says a little about the three year old in me (watching Laa Laa et al), forget the seven year old.

Jungle Jumbo

Neil Pickup said:
Is it me, or have you just countered yourself *and* shot yourself down in the same post?
Probably the latter - I think I've just figured out my mental age is lower than that required to understand the GIF, but higher than that of an average Teletubbies viewer.

It still isn't funny though

Jungle Jumbo

That might be pushing it... The Fimbles is probably at better option, less English but more difficult than "Eh-Oh Laa Laa" "Eh-Oh Po" "Eh-Oh Noo Noo" Noo-Noo: "Slurp, slurp".

I know more about the Teletubbies than I thought... and to think just half and hour ago I was wrestling with the product moment correlation coefficient for cricket's least favourite maths teacher.

Natman20

International Debutant
Why would someone release a kids programme that teaches them to say eh o instead of hello. It un-educates them if that word exists 8-) They should be taught how to write in txt language from birth because it is the future :blink:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Am I the only one who's finding it deeply ironic that we've progressed from degrading this (admittedly childish) GIF towards a cast list of the Teletubbies?

In aid of further, well, in aid of something, you may be interested to know that myself and PY's entry in the Year 8 public speaking contest was about the Teletubbies. Highlight was a version of "I wanna live like Tiny Winky" (apologies to Jarvis ****er).

Right, where were we? Was this too puerile or not puerile enough for you?

Jungle Jumbo

Neil Pickup said:
Am I the only one who's finding it deeply ironic that we've progressed from degrading this (admittedly childish) GIF towards a cast list of the Teletubbies?

In aid of further, well, in aid of something, you may be interested to know that myself and PY's entry in the Year 8 public speaking contest was about the Teletubbies. Highlight was a version of "I wanna live like Tiny Winky" (apologies to Jarvis ****er).

Right, where were we? Was this too puerile or not puerile enough for you?
I think the first two lines of that post perfectly justify my point

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
OK, now this is just disturbing...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What was your point? Genuinely. I've either a) forgotten it or b) confused myself.

(And isn't this whole, er, 'debate', immensely seven-year-old-ish? I'd certainly not include it in any Bradstock books?)

This would have been so much easier had you signed in to Messenger...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Argh. Worst Typo since I left the "L" out of Public.
That.

And the fact that you and PY talked - no, wait... SUNG! - about how you'd like to be the one with the handbag.

Natman20

International Debutant
Does anyone want to start up a group called the 'Barny Army' Banning childrens tv shows from tv. We could also push for more free to air sports. :laugh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Natman20 said:
Does anyone want to start up a group called the 'Barny Army' Banning childrens tv shows from tv. We could also push for more free to air sports. :laugh:
Without children's TV, you'd never have been able to enjoy this thread.

Now, banning Australian children's TV and you may have a point. Round the Twist, Misery Guts, Ocean Odyssey... did we ever import anything remotely good?

Natman20

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:

Now, banning Australian children's TV and you may have a point. Round the Twist, Misery Guts, Ocean Odyssey... did we ever import anything remotely good?
While we are on the topic of Australian tv lets ban Australian music as well :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil Pickup said:

I've remembered one. It had a big dumper truck type thing in it, can't remember for the life of me what it was called. I liked it when I was tiny.

EDIT: Got it! Johnson and Friends! Classic.

Have also remembered "Ship to Shore" in the process. That stank.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
LOL @ Neil's typo and the actual event you were referring to I can't remember.....:unsure:

Remind me again (can't believe I just asked this :laugh: )