• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs Pakistan memories

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I did an Ashes memories thread during the Ashes.

Its time for India-Pakistan to have a similar thread.

Some of my memories -

Miandad jumping like a kangaroo in 1992.
Latif taking a brilliant catch in 1996.
Jadeja going wild in the same match.
Prasad dismissing Sohail after Sohail's gesture that he will despath Venky for another four.
Saqlain's craft taking consecutive 5 wicket hawls.
Tendulkar's inning in Chennai and the anguish after India lost.
Akhtar's devastation at Eden.
Sahara Cups :cool:
The whole Indian tour of Pakistan 2003.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I did an Ashes memories thread during the Ashes.

Its time for India-Pakistan to have a similar thread.

Some of my memories -

Miandad jumping like a kangaroo in 1992.
our esteemed chairman of selectors imitating him when he got out shortly after in that match... :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Even though I didnt witness it live - Javed Miandad smashing Chetan Sharma for a six off the last ball to win the match.

Chetan Sharma recently that people never let him forget it.I doubt if those are just polite reminders though. The guy did take a hattrick against Pakistan but no one cares. Many havent forgiven him even though years have past since that day. :D

And Miandad is of course a real hero - Indians of the past generation would be angry at the guy but couldnt stop admiring him. I am lucky to be living at a time when the relations between people of the two countries is better than ever before. A lot has to do with the 2003 tour which shattered myths among many and invisible walls fell as people met people.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
carlton n united series 2000 pakistan need one run of the last ball parsad the bowler runs in to bowl n tries to run out the non striker before he delivers the ball ,what a great match that was

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jadeja's Brilliant innings in the WC 1996 Quater Final..
Tendulkar and sidhu scoring 100's in the same Odi at Sharjah..when India crossed 300 for the first time..
ganguly's knock and that World record chase at Dhaka in the Independence Cup final 1997
the first ODI of the 2003-04 series....Pakistan falling 6 short when chasing 350...kaif's catch in the penultimate over..

TIF

U19 Debutant
Some memories in no exact order. I saw India-Pakistan matches from 1996 World cup -

ODIs -
1. 1996 World cup quarter-final, Jadejas knock.
2. 1998 Independence cup final, that record chase of 314.
3. Tendulkars superb running catch at long-on in the 5th ODI in 2004
4. Kaifs superb catch in the 1st ODI in 2004 and Pakistans near-record chase, they fell short by only 5 runs.
5. Sahara Cups in Canada.
6. 2003 World cup match, 6s over point by Tendulkar off Shoaib Akhtar and later on by Sehwag.
7. Yousufs last ball 6 in the 2000 Asia cup match to get to his 100(This must be a good memory for some Pakistan fans).
8. Azharuddin taking 24 runs off last over in a ODI in Sharjah in 1996 to help India cross 300 for the 1st time in ODIs, 2 2s, 2 4s and 2 6s in that over which read - 422664. Tendulkar and Sidhu shared a record partnership in that match, it was the 1st Indian 200 partnership in ODIs.

and many more ...

Tests -
1. Anil Kumbles 10/74 in the Delhi test in 1998.
2. Sehwags 309 at Multan in 2004.
3. Chennai test match and Tendulkars 100. We lost that match and it still pains.

and many more ...

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
oh yes..

how could i forget Tendulkar's knock at the 2003 WC :)

and Kumble's 10/74!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
My ODI memories
Saeed 194 in chennai.
Afridi from the last tour/
All the 4 WC losses to India (especially the Prasad- Sohail incident)
Hammering India regularly at Sharjah and Canada.
Karachi ODI from the last tour.

Test's
The Chennai test ( If you thought Edbaston 05 was exciting try this)
Shoaib's 2 magic balls at Kolkata.
Shewag 309.
Kumble 10/74.
Banglore's last day from the last tour.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
India Pakistan Rivalry in the late 70s and most of 80s tops everything :-

*Banglore Test 1986, with Gavaskar's 96 against Iqbal Qasim and Tauseef Ahmaed's spin on a turning track was one of the best

* A 16 year old Sachin playing in his debut series in Pakistan against the likes of Waqar, Wasim, Imran etc, he gets hit on nose by a Waqar delivery, refused to go despite bleeding and hitting the next ball for four

* Azharuddin running the last guy out in 1986/87 ODI series to give our only odi win in that series

And ofcourse all that which are already mentioned before in this therad..

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
India's past tour of Pak have given India some great talents :-

1977-78 - Kapil Dev

1989-90 - Sachin Tendulkar

2003-04 - Irfan Pathan

2005-06 - ???

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Plenty of great memories mentioned here, but the one that sticks out to me most is Sachin's knock at the 2003 World Cup. That was just tremendous, and made some entertaining cricket. The battle between Wasim, Waqar and particularly Shoaib against Sachin was fantastic television.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
8 hundreds an an inningz 4 from the batsman younis,yousuf,akmal n afridi and 4 from the bowlers :D