• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cricket game - "Who am I"

TIF

U19 Debutant
I have seen a "Who am I" type of a round in some game shows and quizzes on television where some facts about a person are told and the person is to be guessed. I decided to apply this in a cricket format where some facts about a player will be given and the others will have to guess the player. Only 1 guess per member will be allowed for each fact given.

After the a fact is provided, the next fact must be given within 24 hours of providing the previous fact about the player by the same person asking the question and atleast 1 guess should have been made between 2 facts provided.

The member who is able to guess the player correctly will ask the next question. Anybody who wants to have more information about this game can ask me in this thread.

Let me start off this game with a slightly easy question -

Fact 1. I made my international debut in 1996 scoring a half-century in my 1st international match.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
LongHopCassidy said:
Did you get out in the 90s?
If you are thinking of Dravid, he had played his first "international" when he played an ODI in Srilanka (two months before his test debut) and scored just 3 runs.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
SJS said:
If you are thinking of Dravid, he had played his first "international" when he played an ODI in Srilanka (two months before his test debut) and scored just 3 runs.
I'm thinking of Ponting. (96 in first Test)

Sudeep

International Captain
What if the answer you'd in mind is given after the first fact? But there are many other players who comply with the same fact? Like here... If Ponting's whom you had in mind, Law still complies with the same fact.

TIF

U19 Debutant
The answer can be given directly after the 1st fact is provided and the person who gives the answer is the winner. The winner, will then ask the next question.

It can be possible that many players might fit in the 1st fact, but then once more facts are provided, the "extra" players who fit in that fact, might not fit in the next fact. The correct answer will be the player who fits in all the facts.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Now, time for the next fact to be provided -

Fact 1. I made my international debut in 1996 scoring a half-century in my 1st international match.
Fact 2. I did not get out in the 90s in that match.

Another thing, The member asking the question, can provide atmost 10 facts in which the player is to be guessed. Incase everyone fails to guess the player, then the member who asked the question will have to provide the correct answer to the last question and he stands out to be the winner since nobody could answer the question correctly.

The same member who asked the previous question, stands a chance of asking the next question.

If anybody thinks 10 facts is too less, it can be increased. But usually in those game shows from where I stole this idea, the correct answer usually comes out after 5-6 facts, so 10 facts is just right.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
TIF said:
The answer can be given directly after the 1st fact is provided and the person who gives the answer is the winner. The winner, will then ask the next question.

It can be possible that many players might fit in the 1st fact, but then once more facts are provided, the "extra" players who fit in that fact, might not fit in the next fact. The correct answer will be the player who fits in all the facts.
It requires a lot of honesty from the player putting the fact forward.

Take in this case:

Ponting was what you had in mind. Someone answers it. You say no, because there are many more players fitting the fact.

:p

TIF

U19 Debutant
There is no way Ponting can fit in that fact, because he made his intl debut in 1995 and not in 1996:p

Sudeep

International Captain
TIF said:
Does anybody want to make another guess or should I provide another fact?
Isn't this just a lot of wastage of time?

Steve Tikolo did score a fifty in his first international, in 1996. And so might have a couple others. It's just wild guessing it can come down to.

Not sure if this Who am I game works properly on forums. It doesn't in my head, at least.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Now since it has been 24 hours from the last fact, its the time for the next fact to be provided -

Fact 2. I did not get out in the 90s in that match.
Fact 3. I have not bowled a single delivery in the last 35 test matches I have played

Deja moo

International Captain
IMO, there should be atleast a couple of clues, maybe even 3 provided just to start off in the future.