• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nadeem Ghauri is Trash!

adharcric

International Coach
Nadeem Ghauri should be banned from umpiring in professional cricket matches. His decisions as of late (India vs Sri Lanka) have been pathetic, disgraceful and unforgivable. It's clear that he's a) blind b) stupid c) unfair d) unworthy of being an umpire e) all of the above. Kick the idiot out of ICC!

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Hes an awful umpire, I remember some shocking decisions last time India toured Pk.. he should never have been in the elite panel.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We ought to compile a list of Elite Panel umpires we love to trash on cricket forums. Will make interesting reading.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Arjun said:
We ought to compile a list of Elite Panel umpires we love to trash on cricket forums. Will make interesting reading.
Here's the conclusive list of Elite Panel umpires who we don't:

Deja moo

International Captain
Ghauri had a great series until today. Thats still quite better than anyone else out there.

shankar

International Debutant
Deja moo said:
Ghauri had a great series until today. Thats still quite better than anyone else out there.
Yeah, I was surprised by this thread as well. Apart from that Tendulkar one I think he's had a pretty good series.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Every umpire makes mistakes and it really ****es everyone off. It is part of the wonderful game called cricket. We all just have to accept it. One of the worst decisions in the Eng v Pak series was the one given by Tony Hill when Rana clearly got Tresco to nick one. Another poor one was made today i think by Rudi Koertzen when he gave Malik not out when the ball came off the face of the bat both could have potentially changed the game thankfully both decsions did not effect either team.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind the umpires too much, some decisions are frustrating but ultimately I do have alot of respect for them and I appreciate their work. But Rudi Koertzen.. if I saw him on the street, I would shoot him.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Everyone makes mistakes. If ev one here saw the test series in its totality, u'd probably agree that Ghauri has had an outstanding series. The commentators have been raving over his umpiring as well. If u guys saw Tony Hill declining Rana after Tresco had a massive edge in 5th ODI or Rudi rejecting Blackwell's appeal after Jones caught Malik off the face of his bat!!! Maybe then you would agree that ev one has a bad game.

In recent times, ev umpire inclusing highly regarded ones like Bucknor and Shepherd have produced some shocking decisioons. It happens. Cant just shoot down an umpire like that unless he is consistently bad. And Nadeem has been pretty good for money, and for many others!

Ridiculous thread this, certainly started by some over-passionate Sachin fans. Absolute garbage.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I would not say he is Trash, but he certainly does not come anywhere near the Elite Panel standard .

IMO Nadheem needs another few years before he can get to the standard required for elite panel.

Billy Doctrove on the other hand was absolutely Impressive !! Brilliant under pressure !!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The big problem umpires have is that TV can watch a decision 50 tims, he has 1 look.

IMO if someone is watching the action and makes the same call as the umpire based on 1 look, that person has no reason to complain about it later being shown wrong.

Obviously I haven't seen the incident in question, but I do remember a lot of the Ashes where on first look I thought the same as the umpire, but 15 minutes later the commentators were moaning about a tiny inside edge etc.