Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Tribute to Anil Kumble-For Completing 100 Tests

C_C
    Except the difference between McGill and kumble is that the only thing McGill can do is spin the ball a mile and half and the only thing Kumble can't do is spin the ball a mile and half !

Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Except the difference between McGill and kumble is that the only thing McGill can do is spin the ball a mile and half and the only thing Kumble can't do is spin the ball a mile and half !
    So what did I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    V Sehwag is @ his peak. Not a fair comparison.

Slats does have a very valid point and IMO looking @ the stats Mcgill does look the better bowler of the two. Yes he may bowl more bad balls than Kumble, but that's not the point, the point is he has a better record than Kumble in almost every category.

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?s...ds=comparetype
    And he also has a better support cast, Sanz. Look at his figures when he doesnt have Warne at the other end.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    why can't u guys provide major statistical/logical arguments, besides the fact you think australian fans are biased?

It's getting very old and painful every time we say something that we get labelled as being biased. Averages point to McGill being a more superior bowler yet some of you base your opinions solely on the strength of your emotions and claim that he can't be in the same class as kumble...
    The main point where people started claiming you were biased was, whilst I don't believe it true, its not that ridiculous for someone to believe MacGill is the better spinner than Kumble. But you claimed MacGill was also better than Murali, and hence the second best spinner in the world. That's simply not true, and only bias can make you believe that because all your statistics wouldn't be able to prove MacGill is even in the same league as Murali.

And since you're so strong on statstics, doesn't Murali have a better strike rate than Warne as well? Average too? Yet I know you wouldn't say he's better than Warne, so why does MacGill get off lightly when he has inferior stats?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    imho murali is equal to shane warne. the only reasons stats have been included here is because you guys all found it so laughable when i suggested mcgill could conceivably be in the same league/better than kumble!!!

In my opinion McGill is better than Kumble, but if you think otherwise then it's ok. i don't really mind, he's a pretty good bowler. but to laugh at the suggestion like some of you did that mcgill is in the same class is just plain ignorant and single minded, and the purpose of this argument of including statistics was to show that mcgill has a valid case of being considered equal to kumble.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!

What a fine bowler !!

At least for now he tops this list of legends.

Player,,,,,,Wkts.....Avg
    Kumble.....485.....27.98

McGrath.....451.....21.76
    Warne........444.....26.56
    Wasim.......409.....23.17
    Botham.....383.....28.24
    Walsh.......367.....25.65
    Kapil.........354.....28.88

....at least till Murali plays another test match

I hope Kumble passes the 500 wicket mark in the Pakistan series. You'd think if India are going to do well against Pakistan, Kumble will pick up at least 5 wickets per match, so its definitely on the cards.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I hope Kumble passes the 500 wicket mark in the Pakistan series. You'd think if India are going to do well against Pakistan, Kumble will pick up at least 5 wickets per match, so its definitely on the cards.
    I hope so too.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    At least for now he tops this list of legends.

Player,,,,,,Wkts.....Avg
    Kumble.....485.....27.98

McGrath.....451.....21.76
    Warne........444.....26.56
    Wasim.......409.....23.17
    Botham.....383.....28.24
    Walsh.......367.....25.65
    Kapil.........354.....28.88

....at least till Murali plays another test match
    I am sorry. I missed mentioning that this is the list of bowlers who have played a hundred tests and their wickets tally at the end of the 100th test.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Mcgill is flattered by playing most of his tests on flattering wickets, without having to toil away in difficult spinning conditions, plus its easier to have a better record with a low amount of games.
    Kumble is one of the best bowlers of all time and is lethal when on song. He is way above Mcgill.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    Mcgill is flattered by playing most of his tests on flattering wickets, without having to toil away in difficult spinning conditions, plus its easier to have a better record with a low amount of games.
    Kumble is one of the best bowlers of all time and is lethal when on song. He is way above Mcgill.
    Despite his record showing he has played numerous times at the GABBA, MCG and a long tour in the Windies and Pakistan... none of which can be described as overly spin "flattering wickets" surely.

Your argument about him having played a low amount of games is viable if the amount is less than say for arguments sake 10 (also think about it... it's easier to have a higher record with a high amount of games). However McGill's career has included 36 matches, which is easily enough to provide a true representation of his skills.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information