• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highly under rated: Shahid Afridi

deeps

International 12th Man
another solid all round performance

32 odd with the bat and 3 wickets

his star continues to rise

billie424

Cricket Spectator
social said:
IMO, Afridi is potentially one of the greatest cricketers ever.
nah!!! currently flintoff is by far better ... because he has played more test matches than Afridi and it is too early to compare both of them .... afridi has just played 20 odd test matches and flintoff i think has played more than 50 tests ... and afridi can be the greatest hitter of the cricket ball but by no means the greatest cricketer because all great players have great cricketing mind like Sachin Inzi and Ponting and i am afriad afridi is not a great thinker ... but there is no doubt that he is one the most talented player....

nehrafan

Banned
deeps said:
greatest crickers ever, i disagree. Potentially, definately. He has loads of potential

and yes a brilliant fieldsman, but he seems to have put down a few catches of late
Afridi and greatness??? Is this a joke thread??

One of his countrymen correctly said a few months back that Afridi bats like a four year old kid!!! ... Thats says it all.

Afridi is the greatest fluke ever, his game is all about "hit and miss, hit and miss".I personally prefer Jayasuria over Afridi, any day, any time.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Afridi is one of the most exciting players I have ever seen - the guy is pure box-office. You only have to look at how the ground empties when he's out to realise that there's a lot of people who think that way too - a 'Beckham' of cricket.

That'll do for me for now. Ask me about 'greatness' in 5 years - he could just move into that bracket, you know.

Deja moo

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Afridi is one of the most exciting players I have ever seen - the guy is pure box-office. You only have to look at how the ground empties when he's out to realise that there's a lot of people who think that way too - a 'Beckham' of cricket.

That'll do for me for now. Ask me about 'greatness' in 5 years - he could just move into that bracket, you know.
No, he doesnt :huh: Not once in all the games I have watched him play have I noticed any such thing.

Beleg

International Regular
Not once in all the games I have watched him play have I noticed any such thing.
Unfortunately, this behavior was pretty evident in the recently concluded series.

Specifically the Faisalabad test and the Rawalpindi ODI's.