Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players you most like to watch

C_C
    Earliest 'hero' : Viv and Marshall
    Players i like to watch the most : Viv, Tendulkar, deSilva(when on song), Gillchrist, Murali, Warne, Wasim, Donald, Ambrose.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Shoaib and Afridi when they get going, amazing to watch. Also enjoy watching Lara, Ponting and Gilchrist. McCullum in the last 10 overs of an ODI can be great to watch too.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Donald, Wasim, Waqar, Ambrose, Shoaib and Murali for bowlers.
    For batsmen, Tendulkar, Laxman, Lara and Inzy.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I've always enjoyed watching Warne leaving batsmen confused, and after seeing him in the Super Test the same goes for Murali as well and watching Shoaib when he's going is amazing.
    Batting wise, Gilchrist's brute force, Steve Waugh's determination and KP and Afridi's hitting are always enjoyable
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

In my time of watching cricket, I'd say my top 3 bowlers I enjoy watching the most have been Shoaib, Warne and Murali.

For Batsman, Sachin and Lara comfortably head the list, and one must feel that (as someone suggested earlier) they can't leave the room when Afridi is out to bat. So he'd have to make the list, as he just defines entertainment.

In terms of players that have inspired me, Dravid would have to head that list. Every year he just adds layers to why he's my idol. This year, the way he's handled the pressure of captaincy despite all the crap surrounding it with Ganguly and Chappell is really amazing. Add that to his brilliant patience and concentration, and his ability to save India on many occasions, he defines inspiration for me. The fact that he's generally a nice guy and is so modest makes him even better.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Most influence on me: Slater's 219 got me into watching cricket
    Most inspirational: Steve Waugh
    Player to cause my amputation: Brian Lara, the best batsman or my generation in full flow would be magnificent to see.

Sadly I've never seen Waugh, Slater, Lara or Tendulkar score 100 at the ground. In fact I've never seen any of them bat.
    Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, *SPD Smith, Mahmudullah, C de Grandhomme, +AT Carey, PJ Cummins, Rashid Khan, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Shoaib is definitely the most exciting bowler in the world today; his amazing slow ball has put him to another level altogether. Murali and Warne are a little behind him.

There are many exciting stroke players in the world today but at his best I think Sachin is the most fun to watch. I especially love his seemingly defensive pushes which go for four.

As far as "inspiration", Steve Waugh and Kumble for building great careers from limited talent. Rahul Dravid who exudes class on and off the field.

U19 Cricketer
    Lara and Laxman for their ability to almost invent strokes, they're both amazing. Bowling wise -Warne, Shaoib, Flintoff, Kumble and the old Gillespie

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    In my time of watching cricket, I'd say my top 3 bowlers I enjoy watching the most have been Shoaib, Warne and Murali.

For Batsman, Sachin and Lara comfortably head the list, and one must feel that (as someone suggested earlier) they can't leave the room when Afridi is out to bat. So he'd have to make the list, as he just defines entertainment.

In terms of players that have inspired me, Dravid would have to head that list. Every year he just adds layers to why he's my idol. This year, the way he's handled the pressure of captaincy despite all the crap surrounding it with Ganguly and Chappell is really amazing. Add that to his brilliant patience and concentration, and his ability to save India on many occasions, he defines inspiration for me. The fact that he's generally a nice guy and is so modest makes him even better.

I agree with most of the above post.
    Though Dravid seems to be buckling a bit under captaincy in the Tests - or maybe it is too soon to tell.

C_C
    Actually i like watching any bowler bowl as long as they arn't spraying it around the pitch. For batsmen, i like to watch almost every batsman out there who isnt mis-timing their shots or playing-and-missing with alarming regularity.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Today reminded me just how much I love watching any tailender score runs.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    I love watching Sehwag and Rana Naved - the way they defy accepted convention and still come off with success.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    Lately I've really enjoyed watching Lou Vincent

He caught my eye on his Test debut Liked watching him bat ever since then...although I wish he'd repeat that Perth performance a few more times (and it's just my luck that I missed his double hundred).
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

My favs: Afridi and Dhoni with the bat these days and Shoaib and Flintoff with the ball

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning Maison's Avatar
    the 2 guns of ODI...

PIETERSEN and HUSSEY!

(both with the bat...)
    ""They haunt me, and defy me. For some, it's always how many.. but for me, its always, just one more"" - Justin Langer, Keep Walking ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information