• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian XI: 1995-2005

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
Good point, he probably was paid by some bookmaker for inside information on what he was going to choose in the scissors paper stone match-off...
Someone told him that you are still allowed to use "dynamite"

Matt79

Global Moderator
I wonder if Inzy's rock-paper-scissors is like his running between wickets...

Warne:1, 2, 3... 3... 3... Inzy? 3 Inzy.

Inzy: Rock... no wait, no... Paper. Rock. Paperrock. Rock. Paper...

Meanwhile people start preparing the effigies.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Between 1995 to the end of the Bangladesh series, here is what i think have been Australia's Top 10 most convincing/famous test victories:

1.vs South Africa, Jo'Burg 2002 - all round i don't Australia could have played a better test than this.

2.vs West Indies, Jamaica 1995 - when the era of dominance started i reckon.

3.vs Pakistan, Hobart 1999 - had a bit of help from the umpires but it was a superb run-chase.

4.vs Sri Lanka, Kandy 2004 - after being bowled out for 120 on day 1 to come back & win was just superb & really showed how good Australia are.

5,vs India, Bangalore 2004 - given Australia's historical problems in India i think this win was one of their best wins.

6.vs Pakistan, Brisbane 1995 - given the obvious strenght of Pakistan at the time this victory has to be one of the best.

7.vs Sri Lanka, Galle, 2004 - simply a remarkable comeback

8.vs South Africa, Jo'Burg 1997 - clinical performance in what i reckon is Australia's favourite overseas venue.

9.vs Pakistan, Rawalpindi 1998 - from what i saw of this match its got be one of Australia best overseas test wins.

10.The Super test - seeing Australia beat the best in the world so convincingly has to one of their best wins IMO.

Others matches worth mentioning are Old trafford 97, Durban & Jo'Burg 2006, Port-Elizabeth 97, Sydney 2006 & Bridgetown 95..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
and top 10 ODI's during the same period:

1.2003 WC Final - given the magnitude of the game to come up with such a clinical performance was just superb.

2.vs South Africa, Porth Elizabeth 2002 - one of the best run chases i have ever seen.

3.99 WC semi-final vs South Africa - i guess its probabl Australia most famous ODI win.

4.vs Pakistan, Lahore 98 - the Gilchrist/Ponitng partnership in this game is one i will never forget.

5. 96 WC QF vs New Zealand - didn't see it live just have the tape but this was a superb victory

6.96 WC semi-final vs West Indies - another game that shows that Australia know how to rise to the big occassion.

7.VB Series 2002, MCG vs NZ - Bevan to the rescue

8.vs Pakistan, Sydney 2000 - given the strenght of the Pakistan OD this victory was superb.

9.VB Series Final vs Sri Lanka - given the initial start to the match & its importance the way Australia came back to win was utterly superb IMO.

10.vs West IIndies, Sydney, 96 - Bevans last ball miracle.