• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

channel 9 coverage

gus

Cricket Spectator
Why do channel 9 broadcast the pura cup instead of the one day test? I am poor and don't have cable.

Mike Hussey

U19 12th Man
Don't get me into this, but Channel Nine are ****. They cover a few ING Cup games, but one time I had to wait until midday for it to come onto to air.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well atleast they are covering it.. How bout we go to a few games instead of complaining im sure they could do with more than a couple of hundred supporters there............

Josh

International Regular
I wish SOMEONE on free-to-air would pick up the whole domestic season. Pura Cup included, they are some quality games it's a shame they don't go to air.

brockley

International Captain
Wonder if channel 9 will cover the Australia A tournament in darwin/cairns in july 9 would be good to watch,probably not tho altho they are meant to cover international matches in australia and they are internationals in a sense.If not hope sbs or someone else covers it.

Josh

International Regular
brockley said:
Wonder if channel 9 will cover the Australia A tournament in darwin/cairns in july 9 would be good to watch,probably not tho altho they are meant to cover international matches in australia and they are internationals in a sense.If not hope sbs or someone else covers it.
Best bet would be Fox... unfortunately.

archie mac

International Coach
Changing subject (only slightly) I think 9 have been a little better this year, not so busy telling us what great shows you can watch on 9. Maybe the SBS (ch4) coverage of the Ashes has shamed them into lifting their game. :@

howardj

International Coach
archie mac said:
Changing subject (only slightly) I think 9 have been a little better this year, not so busy telling us what great shows you can watch on 9. Maybe the SBS (ch4) coverage of the Ashes has shamed them into lifting their game. :@
Apparently there was an instruction to them at the start of the season that they weren't to promote any more memorabilia during the cricket coverage either. Kerry must have got sick of Tony Greig flogging anything that moved (framed or unframed), on his network! Mind you, they still slip in the internet address where you can view all of the merchandise. Sneaky bas^#@ds. :p

Gideon

School Boy/Girl Captain
I wish channel 9 would seriously consider covering the series in NZ. Such a great series this year, and only people with pay-tv could watch it..

If i were channel nine, i'd get rid of Mark Nicholas - he annoys me no end, it feels like he's trying to take over the whole coverage.

I wouldnt mind seeing channel 7 covering the NZ series with links to skysports, just like the Ashes ODI series. Kerry O'Keefe, MacGill and Tony Squires were hillarious with their pre and post match comments and analysis.

cameeel

International Captain
archie mac said:
Their coverage of the ING cup has been reasonable, with about 4 of the Vics matches being shown so far, but i've never seen a 4-day game on FTA.

archie mac

International Coach
cameeel said:
Their coverage of the ING cup has been reasonable, with about 4 of the Vics matches being shown so far, but i've never seen a 4-day game on FTA.
Even some coverage on Foxtel would be good :)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
cameeel said:
I actually once saw a Warriors game live from the WACA on Channel 31.... Needless to say, the commentary was a little ordinary.

Josh

International Regular
Linda said:
I actually once saw a Warriors game live from the WACA on Channel 31.... Needless to say, the commentary was a little ordinary.
Now there's an idea.