Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think its time.......

First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar
    yea but there arnt alot of batsmen who can play Lee well when he is bowling well

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    I think Papps should be playing he is a great player and I have always thought that. I think that Vincent has been playing great lately but I just feel hes 'up' and 'down' all the time. I also think that Cumming is a reasonable player and I would love to see Fulton finally get a spot maybe replacing Marshall in the series against Sri Lanka or something just to try him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Natman20
    I think Papps should be playing he is a great player and I have always thought that. I think that Vincent has been playing great lately but I just feel hes 'up' and 'down' all the time. I also think that Cumming is a reasonable player and I would love to see Fulton finally get a spot maybe replacing Marshall in the series against Sri Lanka or something just to try him out.
    He's not a GREAT player he is a very good player.And you can't replace Marshall after 1 bad series he was starting to look good in last few games of the SA series
    Vincent may have 'turned the corner' and we may see the best of him from now on

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cric_manic
    yea but there arnt alot of batsmen who can play Lee well when he is bowling well
    There's not enough batsmen who've had to play Lee when he's bowling well for a sample to be significant.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

I'd like 2 c Papps n Vettori because a left hander could upset da bowlers rythm
    50 cent is only half the dollar he could be
    MSN is warriors_fan@hotmail.com
    Manchester United, The All Blacks, The Black Caps and The Sydney Roosters All rock

Deja Moo's avater gives me nightmares

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    He's not a GREAT player he is a very good player.And you can't replace Marshall after 1 bad series he was starting to look good in last few games of the SA series Vincent may have 'turned the corner' and we may see the best of him from now on
    Are you saying that he had a good series against Zimbabwe and India and he certainly didn't look in any form at South Africa. Papps is a pretty good player I think mainly would be good for ODIs

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    There's not enough batsmen who've had to play Lee when he's bowling well for a sample to be significant.
    Back to the topic at hand...

Tim
    Vettori is doing well enough down the order. It would defy logic for him to open the batting for NZ, particularly in test matches.

James Marshall & Craig Cumming clearly look below the standard required when it comes to facing the better teams..James Marshall even looked like Zimbabwe was a decent step up for him.

Right now, Papps is the only opener who can probably say he deserves a crack at opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Natman20
    Are you saying that he had a good series against Zimbabwe and India and he certainly didn't look in any form at South Africa. Papps is a pretty good player I think mainly would be good for ODIs
    i did not say he had a good seies but he was unlucky a couple of times

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Sure you have a point,but wat im saying is that imo he is better than who we have tried.
    how many openers have NZ tried who havent worked
    Cumming,Marshall,Vincent,Sinclair,Horne,Bell,Nevin ,Stead,Plus more,i think he can do a better job than eny of those players
    Gary Stead wasn't that bad from memory. Mid30s Test average at least.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    He's not a GREAT player he is a very good player.
    His FC and Test record suggests that he's not a very good player either. Seems to be tending closer to mediocre as a pure batsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    His FC and Test record suggests that he's not a very good player either. Seems to be tending closer to mediocre as a pure batsman.
    yea i was saying hes closer to a good player than a great player

Tim
    Stead was a bit of a Mark Richardson, but when you look at how Richardson turned out, Stead perhaps should have been more than a 3 test wonder. Unfortunately age was his problem, but he was very much in the Richardson/Steve Waugh mold of battling it out when things got tough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information