• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I think its time.......

Natman20

International Debutant
cric_manic said:
He's not a GREAT player he is a very good player.And you can't replace Marshall after 1 bad series he was starting to look good in last few games of the SA series Vincent may have 'turned the corner' and we may see the best of him from now on
Are you saying that he had a good series against Zimbabwe and India and he certainly didn't look in any form at South Africa. Papps is a pretty good player I think mainly would be good for ODIs

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori is doing well enough down the order. It would defy logic for him to open the batting for NZ, particularly in test matches.

James Marshall & Craig Cumming clearly look below the standard required when it comes to facing the better teams..James Marshall even looked like Zimbabwe was a decent step up for him.

Right now, Papps is the only opener who can probably say he deserves a crack at opening.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Natman20 said:
Are you saying that he had a good series against Zimbabwe and India and he certainly didn't look in any form at South Africa. Papps is a pretty good player I think mainly would be good for ODIs
i did not say he had a good seies but he was unlucky a couple of times

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cric_manic said:
Sure you have a point,but wat im saying is that imo he is better than who we have tried.
how many openers have NZ tried who havent worked
Cumming,Marshall,Vincent,Sinclair,Horne,Bell,Nevin,Stead,Plus more,i think he can do a better job than eny of those players
Gary Stead wasn't that bad from memory. Mid30s Test average at least.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cric_manic said:
He's not a GREAT player he is a very good player.
His FC and Test record suggests that he's not a very good player either. Seems to be tending closer to mediocre as a pure batsman.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
His FC and Test record suggests that he's not a very good player either. Seems to be tending closer to mediocre as a pure batsman.
yea i was saying hes closer to a good player than a great player

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Stead was a bit of a Mark Richardson, but when you look at how Richardson turned out, Stead perhaps should have been more than a 3 test wonder. Unfortunately age was his problem, but he was very much in the Richardson/Steve Waugh mold of battling it out when things got tough.