• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My feeling is that Australia will walk it by tucking into SA's bowlers like Inzi into some pie (with possible exception of Ntini) and I've a gut feeling that Pollock will get hammered the worst.

McGratn and Warne will be too much for SA's batters.

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
i don't see australia walking this series.

i think they will win it because they are simply better, but i think south africa have got a lot of talent and a lot of experience....they could really push the aussies into some of their best cricket for a while.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can see Pollock, Ntini and Nel causing the Australian some trouble epescially their middle order, but i think the lack of quailty 4th or 5th bowling options might be their down fall. I can't see Boje or Kallis causing the Australians any real trouble. I think their batting line up will struggle and we will only see one good innings from Gibbs, Smith and Kallis. I get the feeling that South Africa still have a couple too many holes in their side to really trouble Australia, but they might pull one Test out of the bag.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think it'll be a reasonably competitive series. A lot of it depends on the Australian middle order, and how Kallis and Smith come against McGrath and Warne. I'm looking forward to seeing the both of them along with AB. :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Old thread that howardj made on the subject + this = merged.

Anyways, I think that the 3rd and 4th bowler for each side could well be the determinant of who will win the series.

howardj

International Coach
Let's hope South Africa save our summer. At least Kallis, DeVilliers, Smith etc will put a decent fight - especially Kallis. We only lost the Ashes a couple of months ago, but already Im yearning for an actual contest.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think this will be a consolidation series and beneficial for both teams.

Australia will get to finally decide their batsmen and the bowling line up they would like to play for near future. Will Martyn come back? Or will it be some one else cementing his place? Will MacGill play mcuh more regularly or will a seamer get the nod? Will that be some one like Bracken or will the Aussies bank back on Gillespie? We will now a lot of the answers.

For South Africa - they get to test their batsmen and build a side for the future. The bowling attack lacks that special bowler like Donald and it will be difficult for South Africa to be a real threat till they make their attack top notch. For the old cliche goes - bowlers win test matches. Any way a lot more experience for the players moulding a possible top notch test team for the future.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I think this will be a consolidation series and beneficial for both teams.

Australia will get to finally decide their batsmen and the bowling line up they would like to play for near future. Will Martyn come back? Or will it be some one else cementing his place? Will MacGill play mcuh more regularly or will a seamer get the nod? Will that be some one like Bracken or will the Aussies bank back on Gillespie? We will now a lot of the answers.
I wonder. I think it was Kim Hughes who said after the Ashes that Aus batsmen could now go back to averaging 50+ against everyone else and they could end up with the same top 6 in 2006/7. Hopefully with the same results. :happy:

As for the bowlers, MacGill looks a certainty now. If nothing else, the result in Multan has pretty much finalised the shape of the Aus attack to take on England next time. Anyway, perhaps this is all OT in this thread. Apologies if so.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can see Pollock, Ntini and Nel causing the Australian some trouble epescially their middle order, but i think the lack of quailty 4th or 5th bowling options might be their down fall. I can't see Boje or Kallis causing the Australians any real trouble. I think their batting line up will struggle and we will only see one good innings from Gibbs, Smith and Kallis. I get the feeling that South Africa still have a couple too many holes in their side to really trouble Australia, but they might pull one Test out of the bag.
Really though, you could say the same about the Australian team.

I can see McGrath, Warne and MacGill causing the South Africans some trouble, especially their middle order, but i think the lack of quailty 4th or 5th bowling options might be their down fall. I can't see Lee or Symonds causing the South Africans any real trouble. I think their batting line up will struggle and we will only see one good innings from Ponting, Langer and Hayden. I get the feeling that Australia still have a couple too many holes in their side.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Prince EWS said:
Really though, you could say the same about the Australian team.

I can see McGrath, Warne and MacGill causing the South Africans some trouble, especially their middle order, but i think the lack of quailty 4th or 5th bowling options might be their down fall. I can't see Lee or Symonds causing the South Africans any real trouble. I think their batting line up will struggle and we will only see one good innings from Ponting, Langer and Hayden. I get the feeling that Australia still have a couple too many holes in their side.

Ofcourse, esp since Warne and Ntini are pretty much equals as bowlers and and since RSA are such brilliant players of spin 8-)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Am I the only one that sees a Kemp-Pietersen thing?

South African kid, plays well in ODI's, dominates teams, then gets called up for a series against Australia.