• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricket bat selection

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Josh said:
MRF bats suck.
Only if you can't hit the ball with them. Maybe if you try doing that you'll realise that they rule ;) j/k

Last edited:

Josh

International Regular
King_Ponting said:
U cant be being serious, unless your only experience with a mrf is with their kashmir variety...
My mate boguht a $400 MRF bat which split right down the middle. He'd knocked it in 2 hours a day for a month. He was playing third grade.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
I have a local BDM bat, but it serves me well. I have had it since I was 11. And I am 21 right now.
That's a fair effort. What size is it? You didn't buy a short handle bat when you were 11 did you? :huh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Josh said:
My mate boguht a $400 MRF bat which split right down the middle. He'd knocked it in 2 hours a day for a month. He was playing third grade.
Where did he buy it from?

My MRF Genius serves me well, its a beaut. The meat of it is so thick, the ball just flies. :cool:

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
If you can get hold of either a Bradbury or a Laver and Wood I would recommed them hugely

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Buying a bat from the store is just pot luck - lets face it. You'll always get some goodies and some baddies.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
symonds said:
so has anyone used a sommers xxx factor what are they like
Good bats. Great middle. I always think you are better of going for a lesser name bat like that as they realy can not afford to sell the 2nds. GM wouldnt care if they did

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Also dont go by the names that the superstars have as alot of them dont actually even use that make of bat. FOr example ponting does not actually use a kook

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
That I can not say. Lower brands can not compete with the money. Ponting pays the same as any other person for his bats yet he is only money sponsored by kook so he has to use there name

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
its not that hard to go and get a bat made for you, and get any stickers or graphite that you want put on. As long as they get there money they dont care

Josh

International Regular
Right arm fast said:
what does he use?
A custom-made bat made for his own specifications for which Kookaburra pay him to endorse their product i.e. use the stickers.