Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't Saurav Ganguly such a lovable character ?

Its really a pity that an excellent player like Saurav Ganguly is hated that much in India.He is the most successful Indian captain in Indian history & shouldn't be treated like an unsuccessful player.He is way underrated,IMO.If he was the member of Pakistan cricket team(I wish he was),he would've been treated like a God.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib
    Its really a pity that an excellent player like Saurav Ganguly is hated that much in India.He is the most successful Indian captain in Indian history & shouldn't be treated like an unsuccessful player.He is way underrated,IMO.If he was the member of Pakistan cricket team(I wish he was),he would've been treated like a God.
    Like throwing stones on the house of Wasim - arguably the greatest left arm fast bowler of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Like throwing stones on the house of Wasim - arguably the greatest left arm fast bowler of all time?
    Actually that is an over-raction of some idiots and is similar to the the WC incident when Kaif's house was attacked after we lost to Australia. Otherwise Wasim Akram is quite well appereciated in Pakistan despite the accusations of match fixing against him.

In Ganguly's case, it is totally different, everyone from fan, media, ex-cricketers,, coaches, some of his team mates seems to have been hating him. I can understand why his team-mates and coaches would do that, but everyone else has definately gone overboard on this and as shoaib said it is indeed a pity.

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Actually that is an over-raction of some idiots and is similar to the the WC incident when Kaif's house was attacked after we lost to Australia. Otherwise Wasim Akram is quite well appereciated in Pakistan despite the accusations of match fixing against him.

In Ganguly's case, it is totally different, everyone from fan, media, ex-cricketers,, coaches, some of his team mates seems to have been hating him. I can understand why his team-mates and coaches would do that, but everyone else has definately gone overboard on this and as shoaib said it is indeed a pity.
    Is the reaction towards Ganguly not more about his perceived (ok, real) arrogance and attitude, though? His captaincy was very astute in the past, and he did help (for a while) to produce a fine, cohesive unit.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Is the reaction towards Ganguly not more about his perceived (ok, real) arrogance and attitude, though? His captaincy was very astute in the past, and he did help (for a while) to produce a fine, cohesive unit.
    Yeah LE you got that right.

In any case I would not like to go into an Indo-Pak debate as I admire the talent which emerges out of both nations. And I do believe the fans of both countries are pretty similar - extreme reactions to most things.

Players, journalists and fans who have crossed the border have said that they have not found much difference in the two countries. Indians have said Pakistan feels like India. Pakistanis have said India feels like Pakistan.

I really find it shameful when Indians and Pakistanis fight unnecessarily on the internet forums where the least they can do is show solidarity in a platform which crosses borders in their living rooms on their pcs.

How politically correct.

Edit: Sanz, brilliant quote there in the signature. Was the journalist by any chance a Pathan?
    Last edited by Beleg; 27-10-2005 at 01:09 PM.

International Regular cricketboy29's Avatar
    Straight from the heart, eh, pratyush?
    Member of CW RED

Queensland-Season 7 OD Champions

Currently Managing: NSW

Rahul Dravid: A Real Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    damn mods are more agressive then the teacher's in school that i have'
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    *Sigh* what's the dev league got itself into.

No, it was Flintoff I shot dot com, not Ganguly.

Oh, IS HOT.

Sorry.
    LOL,,,Where do you get that brain from Eddie.
    Have you ever thought of writting a book mate? I really think you may be missing your passage in life,why not give it a try and see where it leads?

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlo33692
    LOL,,,Where do you get that brain from Eddie.
    Have you ever thought of writting a book mate? I really think you may be missing your passage in life,why not give it a try and see where it leads?
    I just blew my nose one day and there it was.

I have 3 unfinished novels, which I fear will remain so until I overcome the one thing that is holding me back......

I guess I am just terrified of rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Yeah LE you got that right.

In any case I would not like to go into an Indo-Pak debate as I admire the talent which emerges out of both nations. And I do believe the fans of both countries are pretty similar - extreme reactions to most things.

Players, journalists and fans who have crossed the border have said that they have not found much difference in the two countries. Indians have said Pakistan feels like India. Pakistanis have said India feels like Pakistan.

I really find it shameful when Indians and Pakistanis fight unnecessarily on the internet forums where the least they can do is show solidarity in a platform which crosses borders in their living rooms on their pcs.
    Still Pratyush,you reap what you sow.
    Many a good or great player or leader has ultimatly had to live by the decisions they made and the way they conducted themselves.
    Just because someone has been a good leader or cricketer ,does not mean he is automaticly a good person.
    I think you may find that of most cricketers in the world Gangully is up top or near top in the most despised by other players,and supporters. I dont know the reasons for this but he must have rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    On the other side of the coin, how many crap (I've decided that my conscience is utterly clear on using that word now, it was on the banner headline of the Independent on Tuesday...) players have ever been despised by opposing teams?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

I just blew my nose one day and there it was.

I have 3 unfinished novels, which I fear will remain so until I overcome the one thing that is holding me back......

I guess I am just terrified of rejection.
    Can you not just join the 3 together to make one?
    Only joshin mate,but eddie everyone fears rejection and doubts themselves at some point,but talent shines through,whether it be on a site read by 500 people or in an article read by 5000 ppl,or a book by 500,000 people. Class is permanent , you have to give it a go mate,dont waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    On the other side of the coin, how many crap (I've decided that my conscience is utterly clear on using that word now, it was on the banner headline of the Independent on Tuesday...) players have ever been despised by opposing teams?
    ,Top point Neil, I guess its a bit like the Aussies,Hated for being good but respected all the same. You must have something to be hated,your right there M8, Public opinion is the ultimate decider though.IMO

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlo33692
    Can you not just join the 3 together to make one?
    Hmm....

"Harry turned to see Voldemort approaching as Gollum sneaked behind them, only for the confrontation to be ended abruptly as Fungus the Bogeyman ate Harry and Augustus Gloop sat on Voldemort"

Personally, I'm not convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Hmm....

"Harry turned to see Voldemort approaching as Gollum sneaked behind them, only for the confrontation to be ended abruptly as Fungus the Bogeyman ate Harry and Augustus Gloop sat on Voldemort"

Personally, I'm not convinced.
    Sounds ok to me,just needs a bit ot thought,may be like the De Vinci code book,LOL
    On second thoughts eddie just finish 1 at a time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information