• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are the most humorous uses of any cricket jargon terms so far?

Isolator

State 12th Man
As far as I can tell, though, the name "Cunis" doesn't really suggest either of those unmentionable words. That is, it doesn't sound like either of them. How do you pronounce it, anyway? "Q-nis" (like Younis), or "Kun-is"?

archie mac

International Coach
Isolator said:
As far as I can tell, though, the name "Cunis" doesn't really suggest either of those unmentionable words. That is, it doesn't sound like either of them. How do you pronounce it, anyway? "Q-nis" (like Younis), or "Kun-is"?

I think we are going to get into trouble, so maybe you can send a Q to one of the mods, with your e-mail address and I will explain it to you :)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Isolator said:
It's not a sound per se, but rather what one might achieve when splitting the word then adding a few letters here-and-there: put one letter at the end of the first three, and two at the beginning of the last three.

See?

Isolator

State 12th Man
Pedro Delgado said:
It's not a sound per se, but rather what one might achieve when splitting the word then adding a few letters here-and-there: put one letter at the end of the first three, and two at the beginning of the last three.

See?
I understand all that. It's just that when I see the word/name "Cunis", neither of those two words come to mind... and, I dunno, it doesn't seem funny to me.

PY

International Coach
Isolator said:
I understand all that. It's just that when I see the word/name "Cunis", neither of those two words come to mind... and, I dunno, it doesn't seem funny to me.
I didn't really find it funny either and the fact that people have dragged it out by 20+ posts makes it less so. :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
" The England captain does seem to have an itchy problem there"

Benaud (I think) when the England captain came on the screen wondering where to place the field while scratching his crotch.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
I didn't really find it funny either and the fact that people have dragged it out by 20+ posts makes it less so. :p
It was more 'clever' or 'witty' than funny.

(21)