• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
garage flower said:
Despite these morons producing the most cringingly biased 10 minutes of commentary I've ever heard, there's no debate. It wasn't f***ing out! Pitched outside leg and might have been too high. Isn't that reason enough for these cretins?!
It didn't 'pitch outside leg', it pitched marginally on leg stump, meaning it was a close call. I have no problem with Dar's decision because there was obviously doubt about where it pitched, but on the replay it pitched marginally in line with leg and therefore is a lineball decision.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LMAO @ "Stuey MacGill doesn't look like he gets in the sun much" when they showed the pictures of all the Aussie bowling options. He was distinctly 'lighter' than Warne, Symonds, McGrath and Lee.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I thought they did, but apparently not

So Akhtar wears some manufacturer's logo and is fined. Hoggard doesn't turn around and appeal for an obvious caught behind and is fined. But Lee runs all the way past the stumps without even bothering to appeal for the LBW which wasn't even out, and he's just cautioned.
i agree with you that lee's appeal was awful and he should've been fined at least.

Australia's doing a good job here, but the west indies aren't helping themselves at all...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A lot of praise and all for Lee. The economy rate is what I look at and then the two of the thee wickets which could have been avoided.

He has to be less expensive.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Regarding Lara's LBW shout:

"There's no way an umpire can give that out" - Ian Chappell.

Obviously you haven't seen Rudi umpire Chappa :p

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tendulkar angle brought in by Chappell telling how difficult it is even for great players.

Really if your team keeps collapsing and bowlers arent that good to take 20 wickets as was the case of India abroad in the 90s - could even Bradman help you win matches. :sleep:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pratyush said:
Tendulkar angle brought in by Chappell telling how difficult it is even for great players.

Really if your team keeps collapsing and bowlers arent that good to take 20 wickets as was the case of India abroad in the 90s - could even Bradman help you win matches. :sleep:
Yeah excellent commentary there by Chappell.

For Lara and Tendulkar back in the late 90s, it is expected for Lara not only to stay there and score big, but also be aggressive. That's just asking too much for them to do that consistently, even for greats like them.

Josh

International Regular
Pratyush said:
Symonds showing dissent at the decision in my opinion staring for so long at Dar.
I would've done the same, so would a lot of people. Looked out initially.

Josh

International Regular
You lot are carrying on like it's a crime to appeal any more. One day it will end up players having to, after the follow through, stroll up to the umpire, ask permission to appeal and then ask "was that out?" in a calm, polite manner, offer the umpire a cup of tea and a blueberry muffin or else you get fined.

Appealing is a part of the game, and yes, bowlers can get excited, that's because their role in the game is to take wickets. And everyone does it, not just Australia, not just Warne or Lee, every bowler wants wickets, every captain wants wickets. Jesus.