Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia's Post Ashes Blueprint

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    i used to think so but with Hogg's emergence n now White dont think he should play ODI's...
    Probably not anymore...but he last played one in 2000? Should have been given more of an opportunity....

Hopefully, White will do well. Even though he is a mexican!

well if he does well in the super-series it will give the selectors a nice headache of who to pick in ODI has the main spinner between himself & the effervessent Hogg

well if he does well in the super-series it will give the selectors a nice headache of who to pick in ODI has the main spinner between himself & the effervessent Hogg
    If White does well, I'd imagine they will stick with him and "retire" the schwepervessance of Hogg.

Quote Originally Posted by SquidAU
    If White does well, I'd imagine they will stick with him and "retire" the schwepervessance of Hogg.
    na i think it would be extremely unfair ig Hogg is dropped his leg-spin has proved tp be extremely effective for Australia and he's so fit for his age. For me once his leg-spin remains effective in ODI's he should play in the WC.

na i think it would be extremely unfair ig Hogg is dropped his leg-spin has proved tp be extremely effective for Australia and he's so fit for his age. For me once his leg-spin remains effective in ODI's he should play in the WC.
    But why when the Aussie team and selectors should be looking to youth? That is the path they said they are taking so I would doubt if Hogg would play again, TBH.

until Dizzy finds form or Johnson does something huge Macgill should play every test this season.
    I agree with that. The idea that you need a raging turner before you can play two spinners, has always been dubious - especially when that second spinner has such a good record, and where your third paceman is substandard. Having said that, I wouldnt mind White or Cullen getting a game, instead of MacGill - especially against the hapless Windies, who we are likely to murder anyway.
    Last edited by howardj; 04-10-2005 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Having said that, I wouldnt mind White or Cullen getting a game, instead of MacGill - especially against the hapless Windies, who we are likely to murder anyway.
    And now that you've said that, the Windies will take a test off of us, thus making the Aussies the laughing stock of the nation!

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    I agree with that. The idea that you need a raging turner before you can play two spinners, has always been dubious - especially when that second spinner has such a good record, and where your third paceman is substandard. Having said that, I wouldnt mind White or Cullen getting a game, instead of MacGill - especially against the hapless Windies, who we are likely to murder anyway.
    na those 2 have to wait it would be a travesty if they play in front of him now regardless of the opponent...

Quote Originally Posted by SquidAU
    But why when the Aussie team and selectors should be looking to youth? That is the path they said they are taking so I would doubt if Hogg would play again, TBH.
    yea they may be looking to youth but they shouldn't drop him until he starts failing

yea they may be looking to youth but they shouldn't drop him until he starts failing
    Or injuries get the better of him.....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    It's going to be very hard for White to be a worse bowler than Hogg. He is a better batsman, so it's better to go with White.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    It's going to be very hard for White to be a worse bowler than Hogg. He is a better batsman, so it's better to go with White.
    I think that's harsh. Hogg, while not being ground-breaking, has been reasonably effective for a while now (although I haven't checked stats).
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Coach
    While we're on the subject of spinners for ODIs, here's my take:

Hogg - been reasonably effective when I've seen him, I see no reason to change.
    MacGill - too innaccurate for ODIs, he's only played a handful for this reason I think.
    White - never seen him, but going on a few reports, he's reasonably accurate (even if he doesn't turn it a huge amount). May give him a go in a few ODIs.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey
    While we're on the subject of spinners for ODIs, here's my take:

Hogg - been reasonably effective when I've seen him, I see no reason to change.
    MacGill - too innaccurate for ODIs, he's only played a handful for this reason I think.
    White - never seen him, but going on a few reports, he's reasonably accurate (even if he doesn't turn it a huge amount). May give him a go in a few ODIs.
    You're incorrect on MacGill. He has been the best ING Cup bowler in Austrlia for several years now. He has a very good record for the 3 ODIs he has played and should have played more.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information