• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Conspiracy theory - Eddie'll like this one!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
When Cork was called up for England but not wanted for the final XI, he was
kept till he couldn't play for his county in the current round of matches.

Irani was released a day early so he could play for his county.

Derbyshire and Essex are battling for promotion, and we all know where
Nasser's from!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doubt it.

I know that it didn't seem like it, but Cork actually played in the last test (very badly).

Earlier in the season, Cork was released a day early from a game he wasn't required for.

Ha! 8D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
lost me there, mate.

I need dates, times, photographs, microfilm, possibly evil-looking guy in a dark suit smoking a cigarette, second gunman behind the grassy knoll or something at least as substantial.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmmmmm perhaps there's something in it.

Derbyshire have just been docked 8 championship points for a sub-standard pitch in use for the current Middlesex game, thus ensuring that even victory in the last 2 games will not be enough for promotion.

Ah well. Middlesex and Essex obviously deserved it more.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sorry to say this LE, but from the scorecards I've seen the pitch looks more than a little sub-standard to me!