• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Australia XI vs all time West Indies XI

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Little drunk last night, replace Walcoott with Sobers, can't believe I left him out 8-)

Captain Lloyd, Wicket-keeper Dujon.

Your right though, Headleys still not in.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
West Indies (anti-Australia configuration)
1. Roy Fredericks
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Brian Lara
4. Viv Richards
5. Frank Worrell*
6. Garry Sobers
7. Jeff Dujon+
8. Malcolm Marshall
9. Michael Holding
10. Curtly Ambrose
11. Andy Roberts

Australia (anti-Windies configuration)
1. Mark Taylor*
2. Victor Trumper
3. Don Bradman
4. Allan Border
5. Neil Harvey
6. Steve Waugh
7. Adam Gilchrist+
8. Shane Warne
9. Dennis Lillee
10. Bill O' Reilly
11. Glenn McGrath

Windies have an advantage of a fifth bowler in Sobers, but Australia have two spinners to share the workload and ease along the over rate.

C_C

International Captain
LHC - if you are doing an 'anti-OZ configuration' for WI, wouldnt it make sense to include Clyde Walcott over Frank Worrell ?

greg

International Debutant
I assume all these people picking Langer are setting their matches in the modern era? ;)

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
C_C said:
LHC - if you are doing an 'anti-OZ configuration' for WI, wouldnt it make sense to include Clyde Walcott over Frank Worrell ?
That's a interesting idea, but Worrell's captaincy is the main thing I'm picking him for. He very nearly won a series he had every right to, against one of Australia's strongest ever teams (O'Neill, Benaud, Davidson, Harvey et cetera). I thought him to be a much more creative and positive prospect over Clive Lloyd.

The other thing that worries me about this team is over rates. Sure, a four prong will dominate sides with impunity, but an over rate of 65 will mean a banned/bankrupted Worrell and very negative cricket.