• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wisden Almanacks

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How many do you own and what do you think of them?

I have the Millenium Almanack and the 2005 Almanack (which is way cheaper because of an Indian publisher).

I would like it to be a more international cricket almanack.

I own a lot of cricket books and magazines but just did not think it was worth buying the almanack when it was so costly before.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
A couple of dozen, but none for 10 years. I used to buy one every year because I used to set and run sports quizzes (so every year I'd get Wisden, Rothman's Football Yearbook, Rothman's Rugby Yearbook, an album from Sporting Life about horseracing, The Ring (boxing), Athletics News or some such animal and loads of other stuff.

All redundant because of the intrawebs, but I've still got a Wisden on the downstairs bookcase next to my PC desk.

It's the 1979 one.

Cricketers of the Year:

David Gower
John Lever
Chris Old
Clive Radley
John Shepherd

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a good little book with articles from ever wisden from 1900-99 some very intersting little bits in there

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I own a few old ones but not a full collection of any sort

However, I do have all the Australian ones (started in 1998 IIRC)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pothas said:
I have a good little book with articles from ever wisden from 1900-99 some very intersting little bits in there
That book came free with the Wisden Millenium edition. I have it too. :)