• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
yes very true would be very nice if Johnson bowls well & gets called up. But here's an intersting dilemma lets say the selectors decide to stick with Warne & MacGill & Johnson & Dizzy have outstanding bowling performaces at the start of the season.

Who would you call up the old stalward or the talented rookie?
The over-rated rookie me thinks :p

Hoggy31

International Captain
My first day of the season today... Was pretty good. No one really stood out but there was a few good performances. With Victoria 4/80odd chasing 184 i reckon we can still win, Two early ones tomorrow should do the trick. GO WA!

King_Ponting

International Regular
Hoggy31 said:
My first day of the season today... Was pretty good. No one really stood out but there was a few good performances. With Victoria 4/80odd chasing 184 i reckon we can still win, Two early ones tomorrow should do the trick. GO WA!
One can only hope.. Dissapointing after such a promising start

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, Johnson is very over-rated. They should stick with MacGill.
yes i agree that Warne & MacGill should be persisted with, but their is bound to a 3rd seamer in the sqaud behind Pigeon & Lee so if both Johnson & Dizzy were to have outstanding starts to the seasons who would you pick?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well no great performances from Martyn & Hodge in their openng matches, but i still have faith in them....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
aussie said:
yes i agree that Warne & MacGill should be persisted with, but their is bound to a 3rd seamer in the sqaud behind Pigeon & Lee so if both Johnson & Dizzy were to have outstanding starts to the seasons who would you pick?
Lewis.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
Gillespie without question.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
aussie said:
well no great performances from Martyn & Hodge in their openng matches, but i still have faith in them....
Aussie, Ill be doing backflips across the Nullabor if Marto gets back in the Test squad... dont hold yer breath.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, Johnson is very over-rated. They should stick with MacGill.
His not over-rated yet, but with the all these people starting to think his is some guys that going to keep Australia on top of Test cricket, his going to become over-rated very soon. Give him a couple good matches and people will start saying that his better them most current Test Cricketers, mark my words.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
just seen ponting get clean bowled by kaspa...........that would please the big fast bowler......

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Very impressed by Hopes and hauritz today. They bowled well together. Hopes stayed on an excellent line and looked quick while Hauritz, IMHO, bowled superb. Only got 1 wicket but I thought he was excellent at getting the ball to drift/swing before darting back.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I thought Huritz looked crap personaly.. batsman where coming down the wicket to him nearly every ball and hardly ever looked like being beaten in flight.

He's no good.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Eclipse said:
I thought Huritz looked crap personaly.. batsman where coming down the wicket to him nearly every ball and hardly ever looked like being beaten in flight.

He's no good.

Yet how many sixes were hit off him down the ground? He wasn't unplayable but definately was bowling superb in his last 5 or so overs.