• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Women's Ashes (Eng v Aus) thread*

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
In the name of gender equality :p First Test is going on at Hove at the moment - England got a good start, removing Belinda Clark (of double ODI century fame), for a golden duck, and continued to take regular wickets, Karen Rolton making 71. 15-year-old debutante Holly Colvin has taken three for 42 - and, would you believe, 75 overs have been bowled before tea. Learn from that, guys. :p

King_Ponting

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
In the name of gender equality :p First Test is going on at Hove at the moment - England got a good start, removing Belinda Clark (of double ODI century fame), for a golden duck, and continued to take regular wickets, Karen Rolton making 71. 15-year-old debutante Holly Colvin has taken three for 42 - and, would you believe, 75 overs have been bowled before tea. Learn from that, guys. :p

Wtf? fair effort for a 15 year old. makes u wonder about
1. the quality of womens cricket
2. see above

Monty

U19 Cricketer
hey they was a few pakistanis in the mens game who made their ebuts at the age of 14

Monty

U19 Cricketer
wow she is only 1year 17 days older than me
if that can happen well 2007 world cup here i come

Monty

U19 Cricketer
womens cricket is vastly imporving i used to assistant coach my school girls side mostly so i could have an extra bat every week in the nets but they arent too bad most of the girls could easily make b grade mens

King_Ponting

International Regular
Monty said:
womens cricket is vastly imporving i used to assistant coach my school girls side mostly so i could have an extra bat every week in the nets but they arent too bad most of the girls could easily make b grade mens
Yeh but what age group....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The test match seems to nicely poised at this stage 216/8, with Rolton again leading the way....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Monty said:
hey they was a few pakistanis in the mens game who made their ebuts at the age of 14
Most Pakistani 14-year old first-class cricketers are only 14 because they count in hex.

Piper

International Captain
Ironically i dont think ive watched a full day of womens cricket... i dunno its just not as good as the mens cricket....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Having watched Belinda Clark batting live, I have no doubt that she could cut the mustard in Premier Cricket here in Victoria if she wished. Generally, the females are just as disciplined as their male counterparts with the ball, and technically very proficient, but bowl a little slower and don't hit the ball as hard.

Monty

U19 Cricketer
14y 227d Hasan Raza Pakistan v Zimbabwe Faisalabad 1996/97
15y 124d Mushtaq Mohammad Pakistan v West Indies Lahore 1958/59
15y 128d Mohammad Sharif Bangladesh v Zimbabwe Bulawayo 2000/01

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone's favourite woman cricketer, Rosalie Birch, has 2, but this unbeaten last wicket stand of 102 is hurting

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rosalie Birch Watch

Current Stats: 2/76 (28)

The ***iest girl in cricket seemed to have an ok day taking the wickets of one of the Blackwell twins, Alex, and middle order batsmen Lisa Sthalekar. Herself and the young 15 year old Holly Colvin seemed to be the pick of the England bowlers taking five wickets between themselves. As the founding member and only member :( of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS) i wish her the best of luck for the next three days and hope she can produce a Flintoff like performance, cus we all know that she is better then him. :p

Monty

U19 Cricketer
chaminda_00 said:
Current Stats: 2/76 (28)

The ***iest girl in cricket seemed to have an ok day taking the wickets of one of the Blackwell twins, Alex, and middle order batsmen Lisa Sthalekar. Herself and the young 15 year old Holly Colvin seemed to be the pick of the England bowlers taking five wickets between themselves. As the founding member and only member :( of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS) i wish her the best of luck for the next three days and hope she can produce a Flintoff like performance, cus we all know that she is better then him. :p
you right about that