• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zim vs Nz

Best Bowler of Test and ODI series?

• Shane Bond

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Chris Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Franklin

• Daniel Vettori

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Jacob Oram

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Chris Cairns

• Heath Streak

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Chris Mpofu

• Graeme Cremer

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Blessing Mahwire

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Natman20 said:
I want to see how that new fast bowler Zimbabwe have goes. Chris Mpofu. He might be hard to play because I dont think any New Zealanders have played against him.
No, he won't, he bowls at about 75mph and he sprays it. Not even Styris' standard.

Natman20

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
No, he won't, he bowls at about 75mph and he sprays it. Not even Styris' standard.
Actually Styris is quite a good bowler. Why didnt I add him to my poll

Blaze

Banned
The way NZ has been playing the last year they wouldn't come close to England.

Although in saying that we have had a lot of injuries and this is probably our strongest side we have selected for a long time so it will interest me to see how they go. Obviously once Oram comes back to full match fitness he will slot back into the side.

I really hope we bowl first. I have been anticipating Bond's comeback for some time

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Natman20 said:
Actually Styris is quite a good bowler. Why didnt I add him to my poll
Because he was only third change for Middlesex, and if he's the top wicket taker it suggests your other bowlers all either bowled utter rubbish or broke. Oh, you're NZ. Your point stands...

Natman20

International Debutant
Blaze said:
The way NZ has been playing the last year they wouldn't come close to England.

Although in saying that we have had a lot of injuries and this is probably our strongest side we have selected for a long time so it will interest me to see how they go. Obviously once Oram comes back to full match fitness he will slot back into the side.

I really hope we bowl first. I have been anticipating Bond's comeback for some time
I hope we do bowl first but I want to see James Marshall, Hamish Marshall and Lou Vincent bat well as well

Natman20

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Because he was only third change for Middlesex, and if he's the top wicket taker it suggests your other bowlers all either bowled utter rubbish or broke. Oh, you're NZ. Your point stands...
I have been following him playing for middlesex and I think he hasnt been playing too badly, a little inconsistent though.

Hey all you England fans that think New Zealand suck just look at Englands ranking and where whos beating you

Blaze

Banned
Neil Pickup said:

Turn it up Neil.. I think he was having a laugh with Styris.

Natman20

International Debutant
Natman20 said:
I have been following him playing for middlesex and I think he hasnt been playing too badly, a little inconsistent though.

Hey all you England fans that think New Zealand suck just look at Englands ranking and where whos beating you
I meant ODIs sorry

cricket player

International Debutant
The best part of the series will be to see

The zimbabwean players play,

Really I mean Those bunch of good guys have been true so much suffer from losing their house to family members,

Waiting for this series

The most anticiptated series for me ever since the indo vs pak.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Natman20 said:
Rankings dont determine how good a team really is. New Zealand could probably beat England
I wish! Our bowling attack is just not good enough to take 20 wickets against a team of England's quality at the moment. Shane Bond's return is welcome and this NZ team does look the strongest we've had since as long ago as 2003, hopefully we can come away with a convincing series win and look forward to our home summer with the Chappell-Hadlee series and West Indies.

Looking forward to this year's Chappell-Hadlee, hope we can perform as well in that as we did last year. Telstra Dome...best game ever :D