• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

cricket player

International Debutant
_Ed_ said:
Maybe not a legend of world cricket yet but he's undoubtedly a legend of New Zealand sport.
He has only taken 50 wickets and he is already a legend in New Zealand?

Makes me wonder how much New zealand has lacked bowlers over the years,When they see a good bowler taking 50 wickets they call him legend way to go new zealand. :huh:

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
He has only taken 50 wickets and he is already a legend in New Zealand?

Makes me wonder how much New zealand has lacked bowlers over the years,When they see a good bowler taking 50 wickets they call him legend way to go new zealand. :huh:

He is our best bowler since Hadlee, no doubt. And if he keeps his form up and stays injury free for the next 5 years then he will be a New Zealand legend.

cricket player

International Debutant
Blaze said:
He is our best bowler since Hadlee, no doubt. And if he keeps his form up and stays injury free for the next 5 years then he will be a New Zealand legend.
that is what I am saying he will be a legend in 3 or 4 years from now,

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
No he's not.
Fair enough, I think he must be close though, we've won 15 of the 29 games he's played in, and in those wins he's taken 34 wickets @ 14.55. His presence certainly makes a huge difference to the team, that I think is a characteristic of a legend.

thierry henry

International Coach
Macka said:
I refer you to here.

Best strike rate in ODI cricket at the moment with the ball - as some a one pointed out earlier in the thread. I believe that was the best bowling by New Zealander in ODI cricket. A record Bond held, anyway.

Bond is almost a mythical man here in New Zealand; everyone believes we're a different team when he's playing.
It does seem like we're a different team. All of the other bowlers seem to get worse :huh:

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Well.... if you conducted a survey on who was the most popular cricketer amongst NZ fans, Bond would be right up there.
He will be a legend if he stays injury free.

How would you rate his bowling compared to Flintoff/Harmison/Jones' in this Ashes? I know its difficuilt as the opposition here in Zimb isn't as strong, but I'd rate him a chance to take a few wickets aslong as he bowled spells of 5-6 overs max. He definately would be moving it in English conditions (if he can swing it in Zimb, then he'll swing it anywere), and bowling at 145 kmp is 89.9 mph.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great performance by Bond. He reall is amazing, comes back from a potential career ending injury and bowls like that. Freakish.

But on the bright side for India, at least Pathan played well both with the ball and bat, and Yadav has showed some promise. Other than that, pretty disappointing stuff.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes the big concern is that as soon as Bond returns, the rest of our bowlers look as though they have slackened off.

As much as I hate to say it, I can't see Cairns holding his own with the ball much longer and I think he'll possibly be considering ODI retirement at the end of our Summer in March.
And he doesn't seem to back himself anymore to take the bowlers on and if he does he seems to go half at it and play a weak shot.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Then how has Tendulkar, who was and still not proven match fit been chosen. Surely Bond could have been chosen provisionally too if the selectors had wanted.
Because Tendulkar has played in the last 2 and a half years?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Legglancer said:
Mr. President,

Today must be a Great Day for you and your membership.

What are your thoughts of the much awaited "Herioc and Triumphant Return of The Great AA" ?
And appearance by the almighty should be celebrated!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Because Tendulkar has played in the last 2 and a half years?
And being provisionally selected (which I mentioned) would ensure Bond would have played in the last two and half years too counting from a day before the test match. 8-)