• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Blaze

Banned
Deja moo said:
Interesting

That all you've got?

India should still win this easy. NZ are unlikely to make a defendable score. It is a very flat track. Good recovery though.

Oram run out..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
Yeah.. it happens though. Who's fault was it?
McMillan's I think, he went for the second and kept coming even though Oram sent him back.

Cairns in now, still some hope of getting a reasonable score.

Blaze

Banned
_Ed_ said:
McMillan's I think, he went for the second and kept coming even though Oram sent him back.

Cairns in now, still some hope of getting a reasonable score.

I am not so sure. Just a mix up IMO. No one really to blame. He's out anyway lol

_Ed_

McMillan goes, a good score looking less likely now.

McCullum in next, he is in good form, and he'd need to be.

Loony BoB

International Captain
remaining batsmen: McMillan Cairns, McCullum, Vettori, Adams.

I wouldn't throw the towel in yet, guys. It's possible we'll bugger it up completely, but it's also possible, with the current run rate, that we'll do rather well. I assure you that #11 called Andre Adams is no mug with the bat at all, and if he and Cairns are the batsmen in the final few overs, then the score could rocket. And if Adams doesn't get in, then we've made the full 50 overs anyway, so I'm happy with our potential in the batting lineup to come. Even Bond isn't too bad, and he doesn't even make the batting 11! This is one bloody strong batting lineup.

EDIT: Okay take out Macca. D'oh. But it's still possible if they play their cards right.

Blaze

Banned
Our best chance is to struggle through to 220 and for Bondy and Vettori to bowl out of their skins.

_Ed_

Cairns hit that one well, hopefully he stays in for a while and gets into some form.

Blaze

Banned
_Ed_ said:
True, which is disappointing by our usual standards.
Lol bring back Parore.

Full credit to India, they have looked quite impressive, especially early on. Styris should be left in Zimbabwe for the shot he played.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Blaze said:
Our best chance is to struggle through to 220 and for Bondy and Vettori to bowl out of their skins.
Our best chance is for Cairns to make a big score, McCullum to make a big score, Vettori and Adams to not have to bat and for all the bowlers to bowl perfectly.

What!? It's true! :D

_Ed_

Loony BoB said:
Our best chance is for Cairns to make a big score, McCullum to make a big score, Vettori and Adams to not have to bat and for all the bowlers to bowl perfectly.

:laugh:
It could happen...

Nehra will be coming back though, his figures are 6-3-6-2.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How has Nehra been bowling? From some comments, it looks he is bowling well. Have always rated him but he has suffered due to always being injured and continuing to bowl.

If the accounts are to believed, I am glad Nehra is bowling well.

Blaze

Banned
Loony BoB said:

Haha our best realistic chance then

Loony BoB

International Captain
Blaze said:
if we bat the 50 overs we will be alright
Yeah, that's pretty much what I think too. And I really do secretly hope we lose a couple of wickets and Adams is there at the end. On his day, he can hammer any bowling attack out of the ground repeatedly.