i wish i had more hands so i could give those T**tes four thumbs down
    im rick james B***h
    is this the 5'o clock free crack give away
    red balls it gives me wings
    shazzam

International Debutant
    Dunno.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    There are other bowlers who are better than him and have moved ahead in the pecking order.

International Debutant
    I just remember a magazine raving about him and his 'great' chance of having an effect on the Australians...and then not seeing hide nor hair of him the whole tour so far..

At least I understand properly now.

He's been over taken by Simon Jones,

See Ya!
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Simon Jones and a few more Jamie...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    he'll be behind lewis and tremlett as well now, probably wharf as well, poor old jimmy anderson, i am a fan of him, he has talent and potential, but at this moment in time he is no where near good enough (esspecially for the tests), i predict that we will see him again playing for england one day, but not for a while yet.

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Im pretty sure England quickly went off Alex Wharf when they found out all he did was bang the ball in half way down pitch. Caught people off guard for the first few times but once they got use to it he got easily played.

Anderson will play for England again, he bowls too many wicket taking balls not to, something which few English players can do. He just needs to sort out his accuracy in between the wicket taking balls. He should never have played for England so early in his Career than he did.

Also when he first came on the scene he was bowling at high 80's even touching 90mph, but he soon got tired after a few months and began only bowling mid to low 80's which is a big difference.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    andersons great late swing is a devastating weapon, and yes i agree, wharf was poor, hopefully we will not see him again.

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    andersons great late swing is a devastating weapon, and yes i agree, wharf was poor, hopefully we will not see him again.
    Well, what he (Anderson) has now got to do is go away and learn how to play cricket.

I don't mean that in any insulting sense, and it's not meant to be a joke (I have to explain pretty well everything to some people on this site - even the explanations require some explanation).

He has an amazing gift - the ability to bowl quickly and to swing the ball (Brett Lee is the only other one on the world stage now worth talking about unless Shoaib puts the self-destruct into reverse, and they do it at a frightening pace). I don't think he knows how or why. Consequently, when one wheel comes off, they all do.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

School Boy/Girl Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
    Im pretty sure England quickly went off Alex Wharf when they found out all he did was bang the ball in half way down pitch. Caught people off guard for the first few times but once they got use to it he got easily played.

Anderson will play for England again, he bowls too many wicket taking balls not to, something which few English players can do. He just needs to sort out his accuracy in between the wicket taking balls. He should never have played for England so early in his Career than he did.

Also when he first came on the scene he was bowling at high 80's even touching 90mph, but he soon got tired after a few months and began only bowling mid to low 80's which is a big difference.
    hes now back playing for lancs in the county circuit again. Hes getting himself on the way back to where he was now. The other day i saw him getting up around the 88mph mark and his accuracy is also back. Maybe we'll see him again for England in a couple of years or so. Hes still behind S.Jones and Tremlett at the mo but i rate him higher than Jon Lewis. Anyway S.Jones seems to be getting up to the 90s now.

cpr
    nah i wouldnt say his accuracy is back, even for lancs, sure he's having some great innings, but there coming at the same rate as some pretty bad ones, he's still failing to bowl economically, not taking many maidens, and coming away wicketless with it.... however he seems to have one great innings and one shocker per match.

He wont be back with england till next year i reckon, Tremlett and Jones have proved they deserve to be ahead of him, hopefully a winter with the academy (which is what he should have had this winter, wasted sat on the sides doing nothing whilst he's still young enough to learn). Then if he hits county form he can come back, a better player for it
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Because he has gone down the pecking order and if he wants to get back into the ENG side he has to produce some superb bowling for Lanchashire...

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    I suppose you have to remember he's still young and also i think (not 100% sure) he came through the Burnley youth system rather than Lancashires. (maybe they are linked?) so might not have had the amount of good coaching from as young an age as others.

He is behind Tremlett but I'd rather seem him bowling in an England shirt than Tremlett. Trems is too nice and should bowl faster (stupid criticism I know...!).

Anderson is so young... he'll be back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information