• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Cricketweb Survivor

King_Ponting

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
Welcome back to Cricketweb Survivor. I have infront of me all the members of each tribe. We will be announcing the first two challenges very soon. However, first I would like to clarrify the rules. The first and second challenges will be announced at the start of the first test match. It is advised that all tribe members make allocations for both challenges, it is better to be safe than sorry. All nominations will be accounted for. However, if a person votes and they are voted off the Island their nomination for the second challenge will be ignored.

The tribe with the most correct answers will have immunity an none of their tribe members will be able to be voted off the Island. The other tribe will have to cast their votes on who they think should leave the Island. The votes should be emailed to survivor@cricketmail.net. Any member who does not vote will be automatically voted off the Island. As you can see from the people who did not make it to the Island, we are serious about voting people off the Island. Remember if England do not bat in a particular innings for whatever reason (innings win, poor weather) the Gower Tribe will be up for instant nominations, likewise for the Border tribe if Australia do not bat for any particular reason.

The moment you have all been waiting for...the announcement of the challenges.

Challenge 1 (first innings) Which opening pair will have the highest partnership? England or Australia?

Challenge 2 (second innings) Which bowler from each side will take the first wicket of the innings? This can include run outs and other such 'non-bowler' dismissals. You have to nominate a bowler from each side.

Please post your responses in the challenge 1 and 2 thread, which will be up shortly. Please post both challenge responses in the one post.

Good luck to everyone.

Deadline time limit for the challenges?

King_Ponting

International Regular
in the result of a tie between both tribes? And because gower has less players is it done on percentage wrong/right??

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
King_Ponting said:
in the result of a tie between both tribes? And because gower has less players is it done on percentage wrong/right??
There won't be a tie, due to uneven number of members in the Border tribe and even number in the Gower tirbe. If someone doesn't vote they are voted off the Island automatically, so if there was a tie, there would be no problems. Just make sure your team votes, if they have to, otherwise you may find yourself voted off the Island...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
You never put that voting was mandatory!
You pretty much have to be a regular on the forum. If you miss any of anything then you will be automatically evicted (is that correct terminology for Survivor?) or voted off the Island.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mister Wright said:
You pretty much have to be a regular on the forum. If you miss any of anything then you will be automatically evicted (is that correct terminology for Survivor?) or voted off the Island.
I'm fully aware everything else needs answering, but nowhere was it said that Leader voting was compulsory; I checked the thread five or six times - and obviously I'm a bit of a regular...

Saying this, I'm on holiday for two weeks starting Sunday 25, so this is a waste of my time anyway!

Dydl

International Debutant
Unfortunately for Somerset, applications to the tribes were closed on Sunday (or Saturday)...so you're too late....sorry

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Dydl said:
Unfortunately for Somerset, applications to the tribes were closed on Sunday (or Saturday)...so you're too later....sorry mate.
Oh, that's disappointing then, my fault for not checking earlier though. Good luck to all those involved!