• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paul Collingwood has a death wish

Scallywag

Banned
Pratyush said:
Okay just to set the record straight, the throwing of the ball was not involuntary. It was very much voluntary according to me. There was no intention to hit though.
I wouldent get to worked up about it the players would have forgotten it by now.

If it was an indian player though they would want Jones banned for deliberiately throwing the ball at the batsman because he is Asian. :D

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
steds said:
There's no harm in imagining...
ok up to you i guess.

In the Aussie team the two people i wouldnt pick a fight with is Hayden for his size and strength and Andrew Symonds who could of played rugby if he wanted to and it was documented that he was gonna give up cricket to pursue a league career until he had an outstanding World Cup and since then hes never looked back

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
If it was an indian player though they would want Jones banned for deliberiately throwing the ball at the batsman because he is Asian. :D
Yeah the consipracy theories and all that.

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Scallywag said:
I wouldent get to worked up about it the players would have forgotten it by now.

Jones is Asian?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Had the 'target' not been Matthew Hayden but Justin Langer or someone smaller, that ball would have missed. Given his size, Hayden was one big target and it was difficult for the ball to miss him.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I think everyone has to get over this, Hayden got hit, Jones said sorry. End of story.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Scallywag said:

it is probably because the INdians would feel they didn't deserve it and the aussies feel they do. :D

That was TIC, btw. I don't think what Jones did was right, although, he only underarmed the ball and as such, I don't think he intended any serious damage as such. Hayden could have easily moved out of the way instead of ducking, which, given his height, is not a great option when you don't wanna get hit.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
steds said:
...and if that doesn't work we'd just get Simon Jones to throw the ball again
:D

It`s amazing to see how much the Aussie supporters are on the back foot. England are providing much more than stiff competition. Good cricket, great competitor.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
age_master said:
im not sure how quick collingwood is but Hayden is one of the quickest few in the Aussie team.
Collingwood has always been good but this season he has developed magic feet.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Scaly piscine said:
So is he gonna bat with his red cape on in the final?
rotf....

But I know that him and Symonds both swam quite a few kilometres to escape after their boat turned in the water and they both scored 100s against India the next day.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Hayden had a right to be angry, but he took it a bit far. As much as it may have hurt, he's a big boy and Jones did say sorry.

As for Collingwood, rotflmao. Look at the big tough boy coming to save the day. I know we were told not to imagine, but I could imagine Haydos beating the entire English team with one hand while drinking a protein shake in the other. Don't know why, just can.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tassietiger said:
Hayden had a right to be angry, but he took it a bit far. As much as it may have hurt, he's a big boy and Jones did say sorry.

As for Collingwood, rotflmao. Look at the big tough boy coming to save the day. I know we were told not to imagine, but I could imagine Haydos beating the entire English team with one hand while drinking a protein shake in the other. Don't know why, just can.
Appearances are often deceptive. :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hayden.. the official holder of the world wrestling cricket championship belt of the world? NO

That belt belongs to the great AA

King_Ponting

International Regular
Pratyush said:
Hayden.. the official holder of the world wrestling cricket championship belt of the world? NO

That belt belongs to the great AA
And whys that..... cause it doesnt exist

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tassietiger said:

You lot have a vivid imagination (I suppose you have to with most of the women in Australia being extras off Prisoner Cell Block H), not so long ago some people were imaginating that Australia would go the whole tour unbeaten.