• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

mcc vs world eleven

BARMY_LAD

Cricket Spectator
I'm going for the MCC... Also I think that Pollock should tie them down, his bowling is normally as tight as a camels **** in a sand storm... he's a miser!
Either way it will be an interesting battle, all for a good cause!

SHAME ON THOSE DISGRACEFUL INTERNET HOAXERS THAT HAVE SPOILED WHAT WAS A GRACEFUL JESTURE FROM WARNE AND TENDULKAR IN SPENDING AN OVER WITH THE WINNING BIDDER ALL IN THE NAME OF CHARITY.... ABSOLUTELY APPAULING

shankar

International Debutant
BARMY_LAD said:
SHAME ON THOSE DISGRACEFUL INTERNET HOAXERS THAT HAVE SPOILED WHAT WAS A GRACEFUL JESTURE FROM WARNE AND TENDULKAR IN SPENDING AN OVER WITH THE WINNING BIDDER ALL IN THE NAME OF CHARITY.... ABSOLUTELY APPAULING
Agreed, But it's the organizers' fault really. They should have anticipated that this was always going to happen.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wah, didn't realise this was on. Oh well, Lara's just gone in now, so the best is still to come ( hope). Bah, Graeme Smith's in instead. Exam tomorrow so I think I might go to sleep, unless Lara comes in very soon...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Wah, didn't realise this was on. Oh well, Lara's just gone in now, so the best is still to come ( hope). Bah, Graeme Smith's in instead. Exam tomorrow so I think I might go to sleep, unless Lara comes in very soon...
When you say ON... is it on TV?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
When you say ON... is it on TV?
No, unfortunately. I just didn't realise there was a match being played at all.

Lara's in now. :)

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
King_Ponting said:
Does anyone know why channel 7 isnt televising the non-australian matches in the natwest series?
Because it won't rate, and instead they can put on Home Shopping ads which will bring in much more revenue, and will probably have more viewers than a game involving England and Bangladesh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I watched the whole match on TV. And it was well worth, having watched that awesome exhibition of batting during the Smith/Lara partnership. Shame it couldn't go on longer.

BTW, Kallis is bowling worser than Lara. :-O

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
Kumble 8 0 49 3 (2w)
Harbhajan Singh 9 2 32 3

MoM: Kumble

:huh:
Kumble's wickets were far more important than Harbhajan's (though Harbhajan did get good batsmen out). Kumble got rid of Lara and Smith in full flow, as well as Jayasuriya, who was the third-highest scorer after those two. If Kumble hadn't taken any wickets, the World XI probably would've won; if Harbhajan hadn't taken any, it would have been closer, but the MCC probably would've won anyway.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done to MCC. Good Team effort by MCC XI . Fleming, Smith, Flower , Sangakkara and excellent bowling by Kumble and Harbhajan.

Am shocked that Internet hoaxers would be so callous to deny a fund raising effort and a magnanimous gesture by 2 of the world's greatest cricketers !! I have cursed them forever!! :@ :@ They shall now rot in hell !! :@ :@

shankar

International Debutant
honestbharani said:
I watched the whole match on TV. And it was well worth, having watched that awesome exhibition of batting during the Smith/Lara partnership. Shame it couldn't go on longer.

BTW, Kallis is bowling worser than Lara.
:-O Which channel was it shown on?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Well done to MCC. Good Team effort by MCC XI . Fleming, Smith, Flower , Sangakkara and excellent bowling by Kumble and Harbhajan.
Smith was on the other team.