• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan combined team to play World XI for three games in USA in June !!

Beleg

International Regular
Imagine what a Pakistan/India combined side would have looked like 7-8 years ago.

1. Saeed Anwar
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Ganguly
4. Inzamam
5. Azharudin
6. Jadeja
7. Moin Khan
8. Wasim Akram
9. Anil Kumble
10. Saqlain Mushtaq
11. Waqar Younis

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Beleg said:
Imagine what a Pakistan/India combined side would have looked like 7-8 years ago.

1. Saeed Anwar
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Ganguly
4. Inzamam
5. Azharudin
6. Jadeja
7. Moin Khan
8. Wasim Akram
9. Anil Kumble
10. Saqlain Mushtaq
11. Waqar Younis
You bet. They would have beaten the world !

Look at 1979-80 sides.

Gavaskar
Majid Khan
Zaheer Abbas
Vishwanath
Miandad
Mohinder Amarnath
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Kirmani
Sarfaraz Nawaz (Edited)
Abdul Qadir

Look at those sides. They were really better balanced sides.

I have had to leave out... Asif Iqbal, Mudassar, Wasim Bari, Iqbal Qasim, Vengsarkar, Sandeep Patil, Dilip Doshi !!

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
Doesn't sound great :mellow:
These are all money churners which exist because the ICC is providing the likes of Bangladesh vs Australia as an alternative.

Jonty Rhodes seems to have been the official charity/alternate matches player. Wonder why he retired then when he clearly could have done with playing more cricket, going into coaching rather than getting into a bank job or some thing.

And Rashid Latif has more passion for the game than even Tendulkar it seems. Same goes for some one like Ijaz Ahmed, Saeed Anwar. They will be seen at every commercial cricket venture they can get hold of. And what would they do to help out with the game.

These matches will only give more of an impression to the US that cricket is all a meaning less sport, whatever part of their country would take an iota of interest in the game.

Want to develop cricket in a region, do so with cricket in mind and not money. Why did you ignore Kenya? Why do you demoralise Bangladesh, whose supporters are so enthusiastic by creating matches where they would keep on losing.

If you want to develop the game in the US, open academies, dont start money churning commercial matches, for whateevr reason they are being held.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
psxpro said:
Afridi did not open in the vb series though.
:woot:

I do think he would struggle on good pitches with good bowlers opening. Butt would do good compared to him.

Gangster

U19 12th Man
SJS said:
You bet. They would have beaten the world !

Look at 1979-80 sides.

Gavaskar
Majid Khan
Zaheer Abbas
Vishwanath
Miandad
Mohinder Amarnath
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Kirmani
Sarfaraz Nawaz (Edited)
Abdul Qadir

Look at those sides. They were really better balanced sides.

I have had to leave out... Asif Iqbal, Mudassar, Wasim Bari, Iqbal Qasim, Vengsarkar, Sandeep Patil, Dilip Doshi !!
DAMN BRITISH!!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
Razzak is a wonder guy in Onedayers, he might have not done brilliantly in the last OD series, but he happens to be the most destructive batsmen in OD cricket.So he should be in!!!
I wouldn't go as far as calling him the most destructive in OD Cricket.

deeps

International 12th Man
razzaq is usually dependable to bowl 10 overs. he may not get wickets but tends to be fairly steady with his bowling.

I cant understand how some ppl can fit in Pathan, kaneria etc. when they can't even get a game in their respective international sides?

however, contradicting my above statement, i think murali kartik is the best spinner amongst both teams.

Salman Butt has yet to score runs against quality bowling, all his runs are against india.
so that leads me to reconsider my team

Sehwag
Afridi
Malik
Inzi
Dravid
Youhana
Razzaq
Dhoni
kartik
Rana
Zaheer

Zaheer and rana with the new ball, followed by razzaq.. Then the spinners in Kartik, afridi malik and sehwag.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
agree with ur tam but with akhtar for zaheer and arshad khan for kartik ,arshad imo has the ability to contain

deeps

International 12th Man
razzaq is usually dependable to bowl 10 overs. he may not get wickets but tends to be fairly steady with his bowling.

I cant understand how some ppl can fit in Pathan, kaneria etc. when they can't even get a game in their respective international sides?

however, contradicting my above statement, i think murali kartik is the best spinner amongst both teams.

Salman Butt has yet to score runs against quality bowling, all his runs are against india.
so that leads me to reconsider my team

Sehwag
Afridi
Malik
Inzi
Dravid
Youhana
Razzaq
Dhoni
kartik
Rana
Zaheer

Zaheer and rana with the new ball, followed by razzaq.. Then the spinners in Kartik, afridi malik and sehwag.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
So who was that bowling in the ODI series?
Ah. I heard some news a few months back regarding it. Didnt watch the one day series due to work/studies. :p

deeps

International 12th Man
he's allowed to bowl but if he gets called again there's some penalty..i think it may even b 12 months of no bowling?

they say they have done corrective wrok on his action and are confident he's legit now

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
Virender Sehwag, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan, Mohammad Sami, and Shahid Afridi, Yousuf Youhana, incumbent Younis Khan, former captain Rashid Latif, and Shoaib Malik

Ricardo Powell and Wavell Hinds, Mahela Jayawardane and Chaminda Vaas from Sri Lanka, New Zealanders Nathan Astle and Chris Harris, retired South African Jonty Rhodes and his compatriot Jacques Kallis, as well as Michael Bevan (Australia), Heath Streak (Zimbabwe), John Davison (Canada) and Steve Massiah (USA).

Not to worry my friends! Houston has a huge cricket scene. Its the only city I know that has 20 proper cricket Grounds! In the Houston Cricket league there are five sub leagues, where each sub league has about 15 teams!

The double wicket tournament was also held in the astrodome a few years ago, and the dome was packed to half capacity. And this was when only mediocre players showed up. I will be going, and I have already got the tickets. I will post pictures and have commentary on here so look forward to that. Houston is true to cricket, and commited with a passion. Bring the worldcup matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Of course, there's still a huge doubt as to it going ahead - and I can't see Streak playing anyway as he's already under contract.