• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saeed Anwar Or Brian Lara?

Who is innings was A classy one.

• Saeed Anwar

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Brian lara

Votes: 40 76.9%

• Total voters

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Who says I am being sarcastic ?:@

Of course I think Kaif is superior to Bradman.

Why not ? I am entitled to my opinion, no ??? :sleep:

PS :p :p

tooextracool

International Coach
good for you then, next time when someone claims that the best innings in test match history was brian lara's 213, you can come up with your witty statements about lara being a better batsman than bradman, even though it bares absolutely no relevance to the topic at hand.

psxpro

Banned
You guys all seem dumb.
Where has he said Anwar is better?
All the poster said is he found anwar's particular innings better which I completely agree with.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:
You guys all seem dumb.
And comparing a massive innings in a five day test match with a massive innings in a 50 over game is a sign of great intellect !!

psxpro

Banned
SJS said:
And comparing a massive innings in a five day test match with a massive innings in a 50 over game is a sign of great intellect !!

WHy? Its a good comparision, different type of innings but he was asking which was better and I say the 50 over one.
I don't have great intellect, but most of replies on this thread have been dumb, so I must be dumb and all you guys dumber or dumbest.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:
WHy? Its a good comparision, different type of innings but he was asking which was better and I say the 50 over one.
I don't have great intellect, but most of replies on this thread have been dumb, so I must be dumb and all you guys dumber or dumbest.
I agree with 50% of what you say

Deja moo

International Captain
psxpro said:
One guy made 400. The other made 194, of which more than 100 were made with the help of a runner. Doesnt take Holmes to figure out which was better.

psxpro

Banned
Deja moo said:
One guy made 400. The other made 194, of which more than 100 were made with the help of a runner. Doesnt take Holmes to figure out which was better.

The 194 was in a odi. No one can score 400 in an odi, you don't get endless time to score it.

it may have been made with a runner but the umpires allowed it, so what, he made the runs.

One of them was in a dead test match where the series was already lost.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
Lol, all u coward indians are ganging up on the guy who started this thread just cos he is pakistani. im sure when sehwag gets the first ODI 200 its gonna be better then laras 375 and 400 put together. why post one line tripes not even talking about anwar or lara, instead taking the mickey out of the poster, eg. 'give the kid what he wants'. lol u guys are idiots, u dont have to insult him to get ure point across. :wacko:

id have to say i enjoyed laras innigns better, although i have aslo seen anwars. having a runner doesnt make it any less better, he still kept his concentration throughout 45 or something overs to thrash the indian bowlers around. theres only one part of anwars innings superior to laras, 3 sixes off one kumble over.

and no i am not pakistani or indian ,, but infact australian.

Deja moo

International Captain
I dont care if you accuse me of bias or whatever.... the fact is he made half the runs with a runner.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
I dont care if you accuse me of bias or whatever.... the fact is he made half the runs with a runner.
And there is only one post in this entire thread that talks of India and Pakistan (out of the blue), shows who is conditioned to think on these lines.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
redbaron said:
Lol, all u coward indians are ganging up on the guy who started this thread just cos he is pakistani.
Um, no.
The Indian fans that have posted in this thread are among the most unbiased members of this forum!

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
redbaron said:
Lol, all u coward indians are ganging up on the guy who started this thread just cos he is pakistani. im sure when sehwag gets the first ODI 200 its gonna be better then laras 375 and 400 put together. why post one line tripes not even talking about anwar or lara, instead taking the mickey out of the poster, eg. 'give the kid what he wants'. lol u guys are idiots, u dont have to insult him to get ure point across. :wacko:

id have to say i enjoyed laras innigns better, although i have aslo seen anwars. having a runner doesnt make it any less better, he still kept his concentration throughout 45 or something overs to thrash the indian bowlers around. theres only one part of anwars innings superior to laras, 3 sixes off one kumble over.

and no i am not pakistani or indian ,, but infact australian.
some good points there ,it kinda shows how much that innings by anwar hurt some ppl :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
psxpro said:
The 194 was in a odi. No one can score 400 in an odi, you don't get endless time to score it.

it may have been made with a runner but the umpires allowed it, so what, he made the runs.

One of them was in a dead test match where the series was already lost.
You don't get endless time to score runs in a Test either! That was years ago.
You clearly underestimate the pressure of Lara's innings. He came in with the West Indies on the verge of their first home whitewash ever and already bruised and broken. The interest in the game by the locals was almost overcome by the disgust for the performance onfield. Brian Lara himself had only scored 100 runs for the series and was under massive pressure to get something done on his part to change the situation. He entered in a shaky early position and the ball was doing things. Lara cast it off and played an innings of supreme concentration and agression. It was one of the most significant innings in West Indies cricket as it delayed the ultimate embarrassment and what some consider would have been the lowest point of the regional game.

Lara mastered bowlers that had completely dominated him and his side throughout the series, on a pitch that the West Indies still managed to take 15 wickets. I don't expect you to understand though.

Sehwag309

Banned
Really dont understand how a Saeed Anwar/Brain lara Poll allows a "yet another" Pakistani to vent his anger, and call Indians coward where they should look at themselves in the mirror and see what category they fall into.

But no one read my post (give the kid what he wants, it was easy to figure that out since he was looking for a particular answer), it's better to be diplomatic to avoid such confrontion in forums. We have our true opinions otherwise :)

OR

Some HERO will come up and write something against Indians, some "bro" will join em and u get a green brigade.

By the way, Indians - Plz don't post your opinions coz u will be categorized. Stay away from an Pak, Pakistani, Saeed, 194, or Saeed 194 threads :D

BTW: I rate Saeed Anwars Innings better : (Disclaimer: This confession may or may not be true)

Sir Gaddy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You are ridiculous. I could care less if Brian Lara is a West Indian. The innings was epic and I'm certain you did not see it.
I saw it i was there, my claim to fame :D
I went for Lara as well cause lets face it tests are worth more than ODI's

Sehwag309

Banned
I guess it would make more sense in having a separate ODI/TEST Poll

Brian's 375 & 400

Saeed Anwars 194 v/s 2nd best

BTW, Did Lara have a runner in any of those innings