• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BTW Rich, I'll let you do the ''report'' of what went on coz I attempted it.. but it was crap lol..
Oh, OK...

Well, after waking at 9:45 as prescribed, waking my brother to demand a rucksack of some sort and attaining said demand, I grabbed me some quick breakfast, and made me some lunch\tea (I hadn't yet decided) to take. I had to make sure to remember to take care of the P&H order at work, too, so after breakfast I popped up to the shop and printed the email, took it home and removed the stuff I needed to remove. I then packed the rucksack with lunch\tea, camcorder, CD-player with CDs, and laptop (just in case). I took my card from its hidey-place (no... you're not knowing that), inserted it into my wallet, grabbed some chewing-gun for the journey, chucked the rucksack and tapes (yes, B*Witched were included :ph34r: along with Elton John and The Darkness) in the car, put my phone on hands-free, and set off. After stopping for petrol at my usual place, I was soon on the M5, by about 11:10, speeding (no, not at more than 70mph 8-)) up towards Wolverhampton. I had my route all planned, and I knew not much could go wrong until I got off the M5 as I know the thing virtually like the back of my hand. Sam texted me at about 20 to 12, saying could I find the bus-station instead of Molineux? Well, I stopped at some Services about an hour later, got out to stretch my legs a bit, texted back and said, well, sorry, I would, but I've got me route planned now. She texted back a bit later saying ah well, she'd have to find the place.

The rest of the journey was uneventful, no rain, no flying stones, and no pheasants. I got off at Jnct 1, followed the road prescribed (was easy enough) and continued to follow it. I stopped once or twice to keep checking the map - to my eternal amazement I was still on the right route. Eventually, without so much as one detour, I found the ring-road, took the correct turning off it, and got to Waterloo Road. After a short problem getting into the car-park, I found a way in and stopped. Thank God for that, was my first feeling. I replied to a text she'd sent me 10 minutes or so previously, saying she was there. Or at least, I tried to but Mum then texted me saying "you said you'd text me when you got there :@" I said, OK, I would, and I just this second have. I sent this text, looked to my right, and there, sure enough, stood Sam. I eventually persuaded her to step inside the vehicle, and we ferried to a car-park. After moaning at the outrageous charges (£1.50!!!!!!!! For barely an hour!!!!!!!!!!) I parked-up, we chatted a bit, then set off for the city centre. I saw nothing I liked the look of, really, except a MaccieD's, so we went there. Sam maintained steadfastly that she didn't want anything, though I offered, so I had me two fries (portions, that is, not single chips). We sat, me eating, then went for another walk as she took a trip to a bank (I'd taken a bit of cash to pay for the MaccieD's just earlier). She then suggested we could go to somewhere I can't remember. I said, yeah, OK.

So we ferried there, parked up, she positively insisted upon paying the parking this time, and we went for a stroll. Apart from an occasional spot of rain and a few dogs, it was pleasant enough. We took a vid or two of each other being unutterably stupid, sat down on a bench for a while and discussed topics ranging from cricket, CW, injuries and mishaps (plenty of them on both sides), hay-fever, the year's weather, dogs, squirrels, brothers and sisters and the results of yelling at them for various things, and several other things. We then went back to the car, took a pic on my camcorder of the two of us (soon to be uploaded, hopefully), then drove back to Wolverhampton. Finally, the anticipated getting-lost happened, but we applied the usual principle: keep driving and eventually you'll find somewhere you know. We did, I dropped her back in town (we had passed her house, fortunately no-one was home so she didn't have to duck out of sight), she said she'd get a tram home, and despite me almost running her over as I drove out, no further mishap occurred.

My journey home was straightforward, with just the one stop for tea and petrol, and I got home in time for the 9 o'clock. I unpacked, and cracked open a Gaymer's Original. My dreams that night were of different matters, I regret to say.

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Oh, OK...

Well, after waking at 9:45 as prescribed, waking my brother to demand a rucksack of some sort and attaining said demand, I grabbed me some quick breakfast, and made me some lunch\tea (I hadn't yet decided) to take. I had to make sure to remember to take care of the P&H order at work, too, so after breakfast I popped up to the shop and printed the email, took it home and removed the stuff I needed to remove. I then packed the rucksack with lunch\tea, camcorder, CD-player with CDs, and laptop (just in case). I took my card from its hidey-place (no... you're not knowing that), inserted it into my wallet, grabbed some chewing-gun for the journey, chucked the rucksack and tapes (yes, B*Witched were included :ph34r: along with Elton John and The Darkness) in the car, put my phone on hands-free, and set off. After stopping for petrol at my usual place, I was soon on the M5, by about 11:10, speeding (no, not at more than 70mph 8-)) up towards Wolverhampton. I had my route all planned, and I knew not much could go wrong until I got off the M5 as I know the thing virtually like the back of my hand. Sam texted me at about 20 to 12, saying could I find the bus-station instead of Molineux? Well, I stopped at some Services about an hour later, got out to stretch my legs a bit, texted back and said, well, sorry, I would, but I've got me route planned now. She texted back a bit later saying ah well, she'd have to find the place.

The rest of the journey was uneventful, no rain, no flying stones, and no pheasants. I got off at Jnct 1, followed the road prescribed (was easy enough) and continued to follow it. I stopped once or twice to keep checking the map - to my eternal amazement I was still on the right route. Eventually, without so much as one detour, I found the ring-road, took the correct turning off it, and got to Waterloo Road. After a short problem getting into the car-park, I found a way in and stopped. Thank God for that, was my first feeling. I replied to a text she'd sent me 10 minutes or so previously, saying she was there. Or at least, I tried to but Mum then texted me saying "you said you'd text me when you got there :@" I said, OK, I would, and I just this second have. I sent this text, looked to my right, and there, sure enough, stood Sam. I eventually persuaded her to step inside the vehicle, and we ferried to a car-park. After moaning at the outrageous charges (£1.50!!!!!!!! For barely an hour!!!!!!!!!!) I parked-up, we chatted a bit, then set off for the city centre. I saw nothing I liked the look of, really, except a MaccieD's, so we went there. Sam maintained steadfastly that she didn't want anything, though I offered, so I had me two fries (portions, that is, not single chips). We sat, me eating, then went for another walk as she took a trip to a bank (I'd taken a bit of cash to pay for the MaccieD's just earlier). She then suggested we could go to somewhere I can't remember. I said, yeah, OK.

So we ferried there, parked up, she positively insisted upon paying the parking this time, and we went for a stroll. Apart from an occasional spot of rain and a few dogs, it was pleasant enough. We took a vid or two of each other being unutterably stupid, sat down on a bench for a while and discussed topics ranging from cricket, CW, injuries and mishaps (plenty of them on both sides), hay-fever, the year's weather, dogs, squirrels, brothers and sisters and the results of yelling at them for various things, and several other things. We then went back to the car, took a pic on my camcorder of the two of us (soon to be uploaded, hopefully), then drove back to Wolverhampton. Finally, the anticipated getting-lost happened, but we applied the usual principle: keep driving and eventually you'll find somewhere you know. We did, I dropped her back in town (we had passed her house, fortunately no-one was home so she didn't have to duck out of sight), she said she'd get a tram home, and despite me almost running her over as I drove out, no further mishap occurred.

My journey home was straightforward, with just the one stop for tea and petrol, and I got home in time for the 9 o'clock. I unpacked, and cracked open a Gaymer's Original. My dreams that night were of different matters, I regret to say.
That's a date

Piper

International Captain
Oh, OK...

Hahaha yes you did nearly run me over!!! How nice is that? You forgot to mention that I got more lost than you trying to find the Molineux and I live here. But we went to Himley Hall dude and you scared of little puppies :mellow:

pasag

RTDAS
Oh, OK...

The real question here is, did you make it back in time for Tuesday night in Exeter?

Yeah, yeah, Im leaving.

Fiery

Banned
Hahaha yes you did nearly run me over!!! How nice is that? You forgot to mention that I got more lost than you trying to find the Molineux and I live here. But we went to Himley Hall dude and you scared of little puppies :mellow:
Roger Lodge here: Will you guys have another date?