• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag attacks fellow batsmen for defeat

Swervy

International Captain
Arjun said:
After the way they played, everyone in the team deserves a kick up the backside, and this was the most appropriate way. They've been going easy for far too long.

fair enough..but you dont go telling the world, you keep it in the dressing room.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've always doubted Sehwag had that much between the ears... whether or not he's insufferably arrogant (character referances do seem to suggest not) I can't believe he's allowed himself to be misrepresented in this way... could have disastrous consequences down the line that no-one can possibly dream of now... as roseboy can testify...

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag's not an expert with the media and it's not the first time they've twisted his words into headlines. Remember the whole "going to hit a one-day double century" gag before the start of Asia Cup last year? Poor guy was gone for a duck.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yep, and I thought exactly the same thing then... maybe he could take a few lessons from his great mentor... how many times has SRT got into trouble with misinterpreted comments...? My bet's on never.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
I was really upset at that point because I knew that my dismissal meant that we would not win. I saw myself as the only batsman who could score at four-plus an over since the rest of our batsmen are more correct and conventional Test cricketers.

In my mind I felt that the rest would be able to draw the game but I was the only one capable of winning it. I thought that a draw was inevitable, which is why I have no explanation for our defeat.

This part of it should have been avoided or worded differently. And I disagree that this is necessarily true.
"I saw..." "I felt..."

Qualifiers of his opinion.

He's not entitled to an opinion? :huh:

Sehwag309

Banned
Its been Misquoted for sure, there are many times where even in Hindi people misunderstand each other.

Every time batsman has a role, his role is to play his original game and smack the bowlers. Rest take care after that, so maybe he meant that in his role, he felt he could have gone for the target

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
"I saw..." "I felt..."

Qualifiers of his opinion.

He's not entitled to an opinion? :huh:
No. Nothing wrong in feeling that or even being CONVINCED it is so.

It is just not quite right to go with these to the press in the middle of the series.

wahindiawah

Banned
I'm a big fan of Sehwag, just like i'm a fan of Shoaib Akhtar. Unfortunately both of them have a bad habit of having a big mouth.

Sehwag had no business to comment like that, thats not good for the team. Sehwag shouldn't also not forget the luck he has been carrying in the series against Pakistan.He is averaging nearly 99 in test matches against Pakistan, but he shouldn't forget the number of times he has been dropped by pre-school level fielders of Pakistan side.Imagine had Australians been playing against India and had Sehwag offered them so much chances then Sehwag wouldn't even have averaged above 40!

tooextracool

International Coach
i think because sehwag's english exactly the best, his words came out to be something more arrogant than he intended them to be,he probably meant something entirely different.