• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lessons to be learnt by India and Pakistan supporters !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tone down your rhetoric, jingoism and "bombast" so as to avoid ending with feet in mouth, egg on face and face flat on the ground !!

Treat your teams as ordinary humans that they are who will sometimes do well and sometimes badly and your opponents as worthy opponents who will also do better than your heroes at times.

The fact of the matter is that neither of the two sides are world beaters that both side's supporters would have us believe, nor are they the worst in the world as they are claimed by their opponents the moment they lose one match.

Dont you guys care for your own credibility one bit ??

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was one of those who predicted 2-0 and even though I never doubted the fact that the Pakistan side would be playing with a lot of spirit, I think their skill, esp. in handling Kumble and Harbhajan surprised me, pleasantly. And quite frankly, I think the series result is a very fair reflection of the two sides' strength. And no, I never used bad terms to describe the pakistan side. I thought that because of their inexperience, they might lose to guys like Kumble and Bhajji, but they have showed that they have got more moxie than I thought. :)

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Behlol said:
everyone thought that pakistan side is inexperienced except for me!
but a few seconds ago you claimed that it was inexperienced..... strange
the side is clearly not inexperienced either, their squad has very experienced players in it like inzi, youhana, malik, rana...etc..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
kendall said:
but a few seconds ago you claimed that it was inexperienced..... strange
the side is clearly not inexperienced either, their squad has very experienced players in it like inzi, youhana, malik, rana...etc..
Rana is not experienced. This side, esp. the bowling, is definitely inexperienced and it is to their credit that inspite of not having too much experience to fall back on, they were able to deliver the goods.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
I was one of those who predicted 2-0 and even though I never doubted the fact that the Pakistan side would be playing with a lot of spirit, I think their skill, esp. in handling Kumble and Harbhajan surprised me, pleasantly. And quite frankly, I think the series result is a very fair reflection of the two sides' strength. And no, I never used bad terms to describe the pakistan side. I thought that because of their inexperience, they might lose to guys like Kumble and Bhajji, but they have showed that they have got more moxie than I thought. :)
No I wasnt thinking of you. :)

It is more genral though some individuals do come to mind :)

Its funny how it goes.

masterblaster

International Captain
SJS said:
Tone down your rhetoric, jingoism and "bombast" so as to avoid ending with feet in mouth, egg on face and face flat on the ground !!

Treat your teams as ordinary humans that they are who will sometimes do well and sometimes badly and your opponents as worthy opponents who will also do better than your heroes at times.

The fact of the matter is that neither of the two sides are world beaters that both side's supporters would have us believe, nor are they the worst in the world as they are claimed by their opponents the moment they lose one match.

Dont you guys care for your own credibility one bit ??
Absolutely mate, gee you write good posts.

I wonder where AjaAgarkarAja, Vandemateram, WahIndiaWah and the like are right at this very moment.................

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:

I wonder where AjaAgarkarAja, Vandemateram, WahIndiaWah and the like are right at this very moment.................
Thanks.

These guys will emerge if India win the first two one dayers. God forbid if India loses they may not surface for a month or so, not under the same names at least :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, honestbharani, SJS, Sudeep, Sangrah are a credit to Indian cricket fanship, and Beleg to Pakistani.
Shame there are so many "terrace" fans who let them down. 8-)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i completely agree with what richard just said about those three guys being an absolute credit towards indian fans as a whole

wahindiawah

Banned
masterblaster said:

Atleast i didn't OPPOSE India travelling to Pakistan to play test seties last year!! You were the ONE who wanted the series to be called off 8-) . Going by that you shouldn't even be commenting on Indo-Pak series 8-)

wahindiawah

Banned
SJS said:
Thanks.

These guys will emerge if India win the first two one dayers. God forbid if India loses they may not surface for a month or so, not under the same names at least :p
Pretty stupid :@
I have been around much before you were here, India have lost many matches during that time, even to countries like Zimbabwe.

You win some and you lose some. Simple.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
wahindiawah said:
Pretty stupid :@
I have been around much before you were here, India have lost many matches during that time, even to countries like Zimbabwe.

You win some and you lose some. Simple.
Welcome back.

Congrats on the Kochi win :)

wahindiawah

Banned
SJS said:
Welcome back.

Congrats on the Kochi win :)
I'll stay here for long mate, irrespective of outcome of matches!

Kochi was great, biggest win ever against Pak, but 5 matches are still to be played in this series.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
wahindiawah said:

Kochi was great, biggest win ever against Pak, but 5 matches are still to be played in this series.
Haha, welcome back!
It doesn't surprise me you showed up after India had won the first ODI. Let's hope they win the next one too, so we don't have to miss you for another few days. :cool:

wahindiawah

Banned
Unattainableguy said:
Haha, welcome back!
It doesn't surprise me you showed up after India had won the first ODI. Let's hope they win the next one too, so we don't have to miss you for another few days. :cool:
Your have done justice to ur name by comming up with such statements! :p

Keep it up!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
wahindiawah said:

Erm How many posts between Banglore Loss and Kochin Win ??

I wonder some one was busy eating his words or maybe taking his foot out of his mouth. :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:

I wonder some one was busy eating his words or maybe taking his foot out of his mouth. :D
The foot must must be really big 'cause the mouth isnt small really. :p

Just joking Wah Wah. Couldnt resist. :D

wahindiawah

Banned
Sanz said:

Don't act stupid and jumps to conclusion, i have been posting here since a long time and as i have said earlier India has been losing even b/f Bang match.

If in the next match India loses and i'm still posting then what are you gonna say? that i'm posting just to prove you wrong 8-) .

Get a life!